Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Dakota Gun Forum > Looking to get into shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Looking to get into shooting

Hey I'm 18 working on getting into shooting. Don't know of many ranges. I know at gary's and out at my buddy's I can shoot but I'm looking for more options to work on it. Also if anyone needs help with a gopher problem, my buddies and I would gladly help. So that and good gun shops other than gary's and scheels would be nice too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8633 Times on 3742 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Maso- for rifle- a VERY good program- and you can search to see if they have any programs planned in your area- is a project Appleseed shoot.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So I'm thinking about seeing if I can attend. It would be fun. Is it all little kids or if me and another 18 year old buddy went out there we wouldnt feel like we were out of place old guys right?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8633 Times on 3742 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Apple Seed shoots are directed at teaching marksmanship fundamentals. While there are youngsters (with their parents) at most shoots, it is not age specific. Few 10 year olds are going to shoot the long range portions. Find someone running an Apple Seed near you and talk with the, Also hunt up your STATE Rifle Association to check for matches and clinics in your state.

FWIW, I moved to a state that required me to complete a Hunter's Ed course- and wound up as one of three adults in a class of about 35 (sponsored by the local 4-H club) Actually enjoyed that class. Average attendee was about 13, and about half girls, half boys. THOSE were our next generation of hunters and shooters,

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

CA357 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alright. Well I sadly don't think I can make it this weekend. However in September maybe

Old 09-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey just to update everyone I did not make it to that event. My friend with the rifles couldn't go and was out of town so i couldn't get a hold of them. I'm still looking for events so if anyone sees one let me know