Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Roll Call for South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks! Well, first of all; they provide target stands for pistol and rifle? I was under the impression that we had to bring our own. I know we have to bring our own targets but thought we had to bring the stand too. What is the yardage on the pistol range? the rifle range? Any particular rules other than signing in and out that are important to know about? We have never shot at a range like that before; have always gone to a friend's house but there are 2 to 4 of us going now and we had to keep imposing especially as often as we would like to go shoot right now.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #52

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewserious
Thanks! Well, first of all; they provide target stands for pistol and rifle? I was under the impression that we had to bring our own. I know we have to bring our own targets but thought we had to bring the stand too. What is the yardage on the pistol range? the rifle range? Any particular rules other than signing in and out that are important to know about? We have never shot at a range like that before; have always gone to a friend's house but there are 2 to 4 of us going now and we had to keep imposing especially as often as we would like to go shoot right now.
It is not a problem. The pistol range has target stands and starts at 10 ft and goes out to 30 or 40 yards maybe less uts nit actual marked like rifle is. The rifle range goes up to 100 yds and only has target stands well not exactly target stands but a chicken wire fence to put paper targets on. If you shoot less than 100 it is marked at 25, 50, and 75 but you can't shoot under 50 yds due to some mishaps by ppl wanting to be stupid and that yardage you wld need your own target stands but can't be all metal. Now the guy I shoot with has made some out of pvc pipe but I have found plastic ones at Dicks with just a little metal on them but all metal mr grumpy comes out fussing. Now they also have a range to the left of the rifle range that you can do skeet but you have to have your own thrower. I have heard they have a thrower but I dont talk to that guy anymore cause he smarted off to me one day when I was asking for help and I wanted to slap him. I mean for free it gets the job done and with it bein DNR who can you complain to and it not be a waste of time so I just avoid him. Hope this helps and maybe we will meet one day cause my wife and I are dying to get back out. If you have anymore questions let me know I will help best I can.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #53

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also there is no range master in either range but when you come down everyone is good to step back and let you get targets ready. Every now and then I have to ask ppl to wait for me to move my targets down range.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks again. That answered the major questions! Now, if it will ever quit raining and I can get my gun back from the factory (the slide release broke, my fault), we will be heading out there.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #55

Walterboro, but work in charleston here...

Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Nope.
If you want to pay there is one on fish hatchery rd that is only 200 a year. Can't think of the name right now.

http://www.midcarolinarifleclub.com/

Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #57

Checking in from Anderson, SC

Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1235 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
Checking in from Anderson, SC