Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Illinois is now accepting applications for carry conceal from South Carolina Resident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Illinois is now accepting applications for carry conceal from South Carolina Resident

http://gunrights4illinois.com/ilinois-now-accepting-non-resident-concealed-carry-applications-south-carolina/184/

If any of you ever travel to Illinois, your state and also Hawaii, are the only two states that currently qualify for the Illinois Concealed Carry License.

Just thought I would pass it along, because it is brand new news.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

I would like to know what the hell they do down there in Springfield . I sent mine in on Jan 5th 16 hr class with 43 other people I helped a couple people do their apps 3 weeks later and they have their permit in hand . I would like to know what happened to mine ? I still dont have it yet and it says its still under review

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #3

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

WOW, they're getting closer! Let's have the states bordering Illinois not be able to get a carry permit yet. Craziness!!

Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I would like to know what the hell they do down there in Springfield . I sent mine in on Jan 5th 16 hr class with 43 other people I helped a couple people do their apps 3 weeks later and they have their permit in hand . I would like to know what happened to mine ? I still dont have it yet and it says its still under review
I have heard people submitting without prints getting approved in 65 days and have heard of people with prints going the full 90. I have no idea what they are doing down there.

Tomorrow makes 120 days for you, doesn't it?

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 04-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #5

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
I have heard people submitting without prints getting approved in 65 days and have heard of people with prints going the full 90. I have no idea what they are doing down there.

Tomorrow makes 120 days for you, doesn't it?
No tomorrow will be a little over 90 days . Its just frustrating knowing they seem to not know what they are doing down in Springfield . Especially since I didn't use any of my other permits or NRA pistol courses . I went ahead and took the full 16 hours , thinking they wouldn't need to go back and check those other permits etc. I have to do a back ground check and finger prints every 3 years at the federal level with the industry im in . So surely the can figure out I'm not on the naughy list fairly quickly .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 04-04-2014 at 03:29 PM.