Home Gun Range? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Home Gun Range?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Too populated to shoot within 40 miles of my house and have to use a in door range, the nearest outdoor range is > 50 miles one way from my house. Needless to say I don't often shoot outdoors

Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #22

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator View Post
I almost didn't get that
lol, I'm just fooling with ya man

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #23

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

Ah man, I'm jealous as hell, I go through allot of crap to get to shoot man. but grats on your slice bro, happy for you. http://i.imgur.com/91oLA.gif
Where are you located? Looks like you got a sweet setup.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

My advice for anyone who wants to own a home range. First find a contractor that has fill dirt he needs to dispose of. Then you have a free and adequate backstop. Another thing this pile of dirt does is keep your shooting range "green". If anyone wants to complain about lead you know where the lead is at. If didn't have a mountain of dirt to shoot into I would have been shut down long ago.

The ideal contractor to find is someone that has to level off the top of a hill to build. He will have a bunch of dirt he desperately needs to get rid of.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

For Once I feel blessed to live in Upstate NY! We have gravel pits and lots of steep grades to use as backstops, nobody cares; just ask the owner and go shooting! All I have to do is pick a gun and go 100' out my back door and I can shoot nearly anything I want short of a Mortar or Missile. I dont deer hunt anymore but if I did, I would get my bag opening day off the back deck without much issue.

Its a great feeling to know as long as I have friendly neighbors with lots of land, I can hunt and shoot all I want. Even if I got a bad neighbor, we have hundreds of thousands of acres of stateland within a 15 minute drive that hunting and target practice is allowed. Push come to shove. A backhoe and a little berming and I could have a 200 yard range in about an hour.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #26

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webleyfosbery38
for once i feel blessed to live in upstate ny! We have gravel pits and lots of steep grades to use as backstops, nobody cares; just ask the owner and go shooting! All i have to do is pick a gun and go 100' out my back door and i can shoot nearly anything i want short of a mortar or missile. I dont deer hunt anymore but if i did, i would get my bag opening day off the back deck without much issue.

Its a great feeling to know as long as i have friendly neighbors with lots of land, i can hunt and shoot all i want. Even if i got a bad neighbor, we have hundreds of thousands of acres of stateland within a 15 minute drive that hunting and target practice is allowed. Push come to shove. A backhoe and a little berming and i could have a 200 yard range in about an hour.
sweeet!!!!!!!