Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Hello From SC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
Reviving this old thread yet again... I'm up in Sumter. Originally from Charleston, SC, but moved up here about 18 months ago. I'm a member over at the Indigo Club. We have a decent little skeet setup for anyone interested. Just PM me and I'll be glad to bring anyone along on my membership for a round or two. And we can head down to Mr. Bunky's afterwards for a burger.
How is it up there? How far are you from moncks corner? Or st. Stephen?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #22

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post
How is it up there? How far are you from moncks corner? Or st. Stephen?
Sumter isn't too bad. I'm from Charleston so it's a bit of a change, but I'm adjusting well. There's nowhere to shoot here, really, but my wife's family has a farm I can use and I'm a member of a skeet club with a small outdoor range that I can use when it's open.

I'm about an hour and a half from Moncks Corner, but my folks live down in Goose Creek (where I grew up) and I'm down there a good bit. I think my step-dad shoots at Boggy Head a good bit (not sure if that's right or not on the name).

If you're ever up this way, let me know!
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Reclusive in the Francis Marion National forest, Norhtern Berkley county.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Not exactly in SC, but only a few miles away in Rabun County, GA

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

Veteran
US Army 25th Infantry Division
South Viet Nam

Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:

Sumter isn't too bad. I'm from Charleston so it's a bit of a change, but I'm adjusting well. There's nowhere to shoot here, really, but my wife's family has a farm I can use and I'm a member of a skeet club with a small outdoor range that I can use when it's open.

I'm about an hour and a half from Moncks Corner, but my folks live down in Goose Creek (where I grew up) and I'm down there a good bit. I think my step-dad shoots at Boggy Head a good bit (not sure if that's right or not on the name).

If you're ever up this way, let me know!
I actually live in ladson so I'm pretty close to your folks. I usually frequent ATP for my gun needs in the area. Or for my ar stuff ill make the trek up to PSA. I love that place and the quality is great. If I ever make it up that way ill be sure to get in touch.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #26

Quote:
I actually live in ladson so I'm pretty close to your folks. I usually frequent ATP for my gun needs in the area. Or for my ar stuff ill make the trek up to PSA. I love that place and the quality is great. If I ever make it up that way ill be sure to get in touch.
I know Ladson well... Without divulging too much info over the web, my parents live over in Crowfield in The Hamlets subdivision behind Stratford High School. I grew up in Sangaree over off of the Frontage Road in Summerville. Went to school at College Park Middle and Stratford High. I had a lot of friends that lived in the College Park area through school.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:

I know Ladson well... Without divulging too much info over the web, my parents live over in Crowfield in The Hamlets subdivision behind Stratford High School. I grew up in Sangaree over off of the Frontage Road in Summerville. Went to school at College Park Middle and Stratford High. I had a lot of friends that lived in the College Park area through school.
That's funny I have friends that live in the hamlets. And I live in sangaree right down the road from the middle school off of royal rd.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66

That's funny I have friends that live in the hamlets. And I live in sangaree right down the road from the middle school off of royal rd.
Holy cow man!! We were practically neighbors. I grew up in Indian Woods in Sangaree. I know Royal Rd. well. I'll let you know if I'm down that way and heading out to shoot or something. Small world!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:

Holy cow man!! We were practically neighbors. I grew up in Indian Woods in Sangaree. I know Royal Rd. well. I'll let you know if I'm down that way and heading out to shoot or something. Small world!
Yeah that's crazy! Get a hold of me if you make it down this way and ill do the same if I make it up that way. I was planning a trip to psa soon how far are you from columbia?

Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Yeah that's crazy! Get a hold of me if you make it down this way and ill do the same if I make it up that way. I was planning a trip to psa soon how far are you from columbia?
I'll definitely let you know when I'm down there. We'll figure out a place to go shoot. My step-dad and I like to go shoot a good bit when I'm in town. I've got a cousin that enjoys it as well.

As for PSA, I'm about 40 minutes from the West side of Columbia (if that means anything to you). It takes me about 50 minutes or so to get to PSA. I've only ever been to their Warehouse location, but it was a nice place. I ordered an upper for my first AR build from them. Planning on picking it up in the next couple of weeks when they get it ready.