Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Georgia or S Carolina ?(I'm moving)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Georgia or S Carolina ?(I'm moving)

I know this may not be easily answered, but I'm moving to either Ga or SC. I'm curious as to which state is more "gun owner friendly". Any advice?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2214 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Professor,

After monitoring your Thread for several days without seeing any response. I thought I would go ahead and respond from Tennessee. I do not think you can go wrong by selecting either state. There have been some weapon industries moving from Connecticut to South Carolina as of late. And great weapon builders like Daniel Defense base thier company out of Georgia. In fact they just purchased their second plant in Georgia. They would not have done that if they felt it was not a gun friendly state and will remain that way. Personaly I hope Connecticut, New York and similar anti gun states go under! And they will in time!
Tennessee as well as Indiana and other midwestern and southern states are very gun friendly and support the Second Amendment.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #3

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have posted this question on the GA forum as well. In addition, I'm "re-posting" something from the GA forum onto the SC forum. Again, I appreciate any input.

The GA post:

QUOTE=JW357;1471462]I don't believe either state has any of those ridiculous laws. When I was looking into living near the border of the two states, just a couple months ago, I believe my research showed Georgia being a little better for gun owners. But considering I lived in Kaliornia at the time, South Carolina wasn't bad at all.

I'll get you specifics in a few hours when I'm not on the road anymore.

Just curious, is North Carolina an option?[/QUOTE]

Thanks to all for the responses. Regarding N Carolina, I was stationed there while serving in the Marine Corps. I LOVED the area and especially the people, but I also felt that NC was the "massachusetts of the South East". This is in NO WAY to say that NC was like Mass, but it felt that there were more rules and regs than in SC and Ga.....and when I crossed the border from NC I felt the same way as when I left Mass and entered NH. Especially entering SC (this was 35 or 40 years ago), I recall seeing huge billboards exclaiming "Fireworks.... Guns... Next Exit!" and I noticed that often speed limits were higher, etc. And I have just learned that SC has no helmet law while GA and NC do, and I do think that GA is more likely to repeal the helmet law someday compared to NC.
Aditionally, I DO feel that ANYWHERE in the Southeast is better than ANYWHERE in the Northeast and that for the most part I can't go wrong moving South. I do have to look at additional factors such as taxes, respect for freedom, government spending and debt, property values, etc. More input is most welcome.