Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > South Carolina Gun Forum > Columbia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Columbia

Any gun shows or expos coming to Columbia or near Camden?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

There's one tomorrow and Sunday in Columbia at the State Fairgrounds.

Here's the link:
http://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/columbia-sc-gun-show/

Are you in Columbia or Camden? I'm just over in Sumter.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

In Camden. Thanks also I'm headed there now.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMan9194 View Post
In Camden. Thanks also I'm headed there now.
My wife and I like to go to Camden and look around at the antique stores. We went over there to Sam Kendall's for dinner one night. Pretty decent restaurant, really. I'd like to try the other steakhouse there Old Fort or something like that?

Let me know how the gun show was. Might ride over after church tomorrow afternoon.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The gun show really was kind of a disappointment for me. Not that great of deals and a few of the dealers were asses. Especially the older custom knife makers. But if you don't have anything to do and wanna plunder it would be worth a shot. Oh the restaurant I think your talking about us the old armory. Try it. Little pricey but you'll love it....

Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Bummer about the show. I'm finding that a lot lately. They quit doing the shows in Sumter. The guy that puts on the shows said he wasn't coming back because there wasn't enough interest and the booths weren't making any money.

I'll check out The Old Armory. I've heard great things about it. My wife is getting ready to finish up her first semester as a Graduate student at USC so maybe we'll go there to celebrate and enjoy a night of good food outside of Sumter.

Thanks for the recommendation.

If you're ever over in the Sumter area look me up. I'm a member out at the Indigo Club on 378 towards Columbia. Not sure if you're a skeet person, but they've got a couple of setups there that are pretty nice. I'll treat you to a round.

Sort of gives a whole new meaning to "the next round's on me" doesn't it?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Lol. Yea sounds good man. Let me know if you check out the show and if you hear about any more of them near us.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Lol. Yea sounds good man. Let me know if you check out the show and if you hear about any more of them near us.
There's one in Greenville Dec. 15-16 and another in Columbia Dec. 29-30. That's pretty much it for this year. Here's a running list of shows for next year as well:

http://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/south-carolina/

Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks man. If you don't mind me asking what sort of guns are you into? Shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns? Or all of the above lol

Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks man. If you don't mind me asking what sort of guns are you into? Shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns? Or all of the above lol
You're welcome! Nope... Don't mind at all. I'm mostly into anything I can plink with at the range. I don't hunt so I stick mostly to smaller caliber, semi-auto stuff. My current lineup is:

Ruger 22/45 Mark III Hunter, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mini 14, CZ75 SP-01 Tactical, Remington 1100 12ga.

I'm building an AR right now. I never was really into them, but stumbled on a good deal on a lightly blemished stripped lower and have been putting it together a piece at a time for a couple of months. Not sure if I'll keep it once it's done or not. Most likely will, but I change my mind a lot!

How about yourself? Any preference?