Hello from Rhode Island! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Rhode Island Gun Forum >

Hello from Rhode Island!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

(That place is really nice, its too bad us Rhodies cant shoot our own guns there...) blackstone

I am no expert on guns,or the law, but i think you can shoot just about antything you want there . Do not think it matters what you can and cannot buy in mass. I own and shoot my keltek p11 and ruger lcp. you can rent therir guns also but don't have to.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #12

Since I can't get a definitive answer about transportation from any local enforcement, I'm going to take my chances and go with my own guns. I'll be checking that place out next Sunday.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_gen View Post
Since I can't get a definitive answer about transportation from any local enforcement, I'm going to take my chances and go with my own guns. I'll be checking that place out next Sunday.
I went there without a problem. There were at least 5-6 other Rhode Islanders there with their own weapons. I also know a couple of people from RI who joined and are a member of AFS. One thing I do know for sure, is that if you bring a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds into mass, thats a felony. They define anything above 10 rounds as "high capacity".

Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #14

So nobody in Mass owns anything more than a 10 round mag for any of their weapons?

*Edit -> for their firearms.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #15

Quote:
So nobody in Mass owns anything more than a 10 round mag for any of their weapons?

*Edit -> for their firearms.
As long as its 'Pre-ban", which im not sure of the exact date, you can have high capacity mags. I think sometime around 1994-95. Thats why if you buy a new gun in MA today, it has to be MA compliant. Which is a 10lb trigger pull and a 10 round mag. A buddy of mine in MA just went through all this, and this is the way he explained it to me.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #16

That's absolutely insane...so how cool/fun is it to own an AR without a high cap mag? That blows monkey nuts.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #17

Quote:
That's absolutely insane...so how cool/fun is it to own an AR without a high cap mag? That blows monkey nuts.
Well, you can own one, just dont get caught with it!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Gentleman please be careful not to get caught with a gun in Massachusetts!! Hi-cap mags or not unless you have a non resident LTC it is illegal to posses a handgun in mass! Unless your shooting Uspsa match or similar. Ammo is also a no go! I have researched this many times. Use this link as a guide.

http://www.goal.org/Documents/law_faq_pdfs/nonres.pdf

Maybe we should start our own Rhody Firearm School!!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdemotte
Gentleman please be careful not to get caught with a gun in Massachusetts!!......

Maybe we should start our own Rhody Firearm School!!
Giddy up! You lead the way and I'll follow.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #20

OK so I did a little research. First I called AFS and asked about RI residents bringing their own guns. The guy who I was talking to said that he was “required by the State of Massachusetts to tell me that in order to bring any fire arm into Mass I needed to have a Mass non-resident FID card” to do so otherwise would be a crime. He also said that he himself was not telling me to not come in. Basically he was telling me enter at your own risk.

The impression that I get is they are not required to check for any type of permit / FID, so just because you see RI shooters there doesn’t mean that those RI shooters are bringing their guns into Mass legally.

This is backed up by the fact that I asked a N. Attleboro cop about RI shooters bringing their guns to AFS. He told me that, and I quote.. “ Any one caught in Mass with a firearm who doesn’t have a Mass FID or a Mass CCW will be arrested and charged with illegal possession of a firearm.” He also said that Mass does not recognize RI CCW.
So if you are a RI resident who brings their own guns to AFS, be careful not to get caught. I myself will not be going there just to be on the safe side…