You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Pennsylvania Gun Forum >


LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Default tax

I just purchased an M1 garand and had it sent to my ffl dealer in pa,
do i have to pay tax?

not30 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clr8ter's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 4,015
Liked 1346 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 860


Ask your dealer. I bet you have to pay PA tax.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
Is there an age limit for a thread, after which we kill it?
clr8ter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mercator's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,319
Liked 6308 Times on 4159 Posts
Likes Given: 3239


Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Ask your dealer. I bet you have to pay PA tax.
In most states, an out of state purchase is not taxed during the incoming transfer, because the transaction has occurred in a different state. (It may become a taxable item later on your state tax return). But - agreed, the local FFL will know.
Mercator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 153
Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 384


Only a guess, but if the transaction is completed in PA, then you will have to pay their applicable "taxes and fees."
M16ark60 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes