Sen Toomey's response - re: Caitlin Halligan
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Pennsylvania Gun Forum > Sen Toomey's response - re: Caitlin Halligan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Sen Toomey's response - re: Caitlin Halligan

March 8, 2013
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me about Caitlin Halligan, a nominee for the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. I appreciate hearing from you.

I believe that the Senate's constitutional role in providing advice and consent for federal judicial appointments is important, and such nominees deserve careful and thorough consideration. I take this responsibility seriously and have supported - and will continue to support - well qualified nominees selected by the President. It is essential that the confirmation process not always be about politics, but rather about getting excellent judges to serve on the federal bench.

I also value your input and understand your views on Caitlin Halligan. After much consideration, I believe that Ms. Halligan is not qualified to serve on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Her record unfortunately reflects an ideological deviation from legal precedent and established constitutional principles. In light of the number of cases involving national security and federal regulations that are heard by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, it is particularly important that we pay attention to a candidate's judicial temperament and commitment to serving as an arbiter of the law. For these reasons, I voted against cloture on Ms. Halligan's nomination on March 6, 2013. The cloture motion for her nomination failed by a vote of 51-41.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me about this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

Proud NRA Member
Proud GOA Member

"Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Toomey is now talking with the Democrats to find a way to support universal background checks . Contact his office and give them hell before he sells us out !
Source : Politico