Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Pennsylvania Gun Forum > Places to shoot near pittsburgh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Places to shoot near pittsburgh

I live just north of town and usually go to the SGL range out in Wexford. The new handgun range is nice and I don't really mind the 6 round capacity rule since most of my handguns are revolvers. And it forces me to take my time with my semis. But the 3 round limit at the rifle range is about the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. I am not the type to dump a case of ammo in an afternoon but I also like to practice follow up shots.

So my question is, are there other public ranges close to me that any of you use? And do any of you belong to a sportsman's club that is taking new members? My landlord is a member at Millvale sportsman's club, and I have went there to shoot skeet with him a couple times, but they are not accepting any more members right now.

Thanks for the help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

What area are ya in? I live in North Hills (west view). I recently joined a club in Butler thats only $20 a year. Its an hour away but Its 2 mins from my moms house where i spend most weekends so its not so bad. Plus after dealing with the marshall range in wexford for years Ive never been happier with a private range. Milvale club is a damn good club but the membership costs are steep to say the least.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Last edited by jon1992d; 12-12-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #3

I like the 3 shot limit at the SGL range. It keeps idiots from blazing away and gives folks a chance to clear the line and change targets.

The Older I Get....The Better I Was...

Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I shoot at the SGL in Wexford but it would be nice to find a club close to me, I live near cranberry twp

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Try the app "Find Ranges". Great when you are out of town too.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V