PA Sora License
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Pennsylvania Gun Forum >

PA Sora License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default PA Sora License

I have a couple of questions since this forum has been very helpful to me. #1. I live in the state of New Jersey. I am planning on moving to Pennsylvania pretty soon. Now I'm sora certified in my state and would like to to become certified in the state of Pennsylvania. I've been trying to find info on the web but can't come across any. All I read about is an Act235. #2. I'm a firearms owner in the state of new jersey since I'm moving to Pennsylvania do I need to apply for a purchase permit again but for the state of PA? If not do I have to register my firearm? #3. Once I get the information on question #1 and #2 I will be planning on become and armed security guard. I would like to know what's the procedure on that? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I live in n.e. pa. there is no permit needed to buy a firearm in this state. no registration either. what does sora stand for?

Old 07-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sora is a license where it's mandatory to have if you want to be a security guard

Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2671 Times on 1620 Posts
Likes Given: 14737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromo2014 View Post
Sora is a license where it's mandatory to have if you want to be a security guard
Act 235 is the same thing here in PA. Check with local ranges. One of the RSOs or a member should be able to tell you where the classes are held. i can tell you that it will run a few hundred dollars to become certified here in PA.

http://www.lethalweaponstraining.com/

contact this place, and they may be able to helpyou locate a training class near you.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
M16ark60 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 330

We got a "new gov", and I don't want to think that makes a difference. I view him as a libtard/sheeple type, antigunners. What else is new under the Sun? We have been fighting against the "gun control" zombies since I can remember, (I'm 60 years old.) As long as we stick to our guns? Thing about the "licensing" is that the govs have the power to ration a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, which reaffirms our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS! I have the CCW license to carry in PA. The best ones to have would be the "Constitutional Carry" like Vermont has. "When the People Fear the Government, their is TYRRANY!"

Old 02-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 330

I'd say its better to do the "wrong thing for the right reason." Think about all of the libtard's "gun control laws." Show me one law a criminal will ever obey? Or show me the laws written against our Constitutional Rights that can stop an assailants bullet? We need to pass a law to reaffirm our Constitutional Rights to keep and possess Guns, Rifles, Firearms. More like an Amendment in the Constitution which would protect our Rights from the assault of the antis like oblamea, schummer, and now the gov in PA, aka " the "wolfe in sheeples clothing!"

Old 02-20-2015, 12:46 AM   #7
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2671 Times on 1620 Posts
Likes Given: 14737

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16ark60 View Post
I'd say its better to do the "wrong thing for the right reason." Think about all of the libtard's "gun control laws." Show me one law a criminal will ever obey? Or show me the laws written against our Constitutional Rights that can stop an assailants bullet? We need to pass a law to reaffirm our Constitutional Rights to keep and possess Guns, Rifles, Firearms. More like an Amendment in the Constitution which would protect our Rights from the assault of the antis like oblamea, schummer, and now the gov in PA, aka " the "wolfe in sheeples clothing!"
And as my signature says, If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, are you still doing the wrong thing?

In this case, I say it is the right thing. For me, the laws of God will always weigh more than the laws of man.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.