Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Pennsylvania Gun Forum > NJ to PA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default NJ to PA

Hello i currently live in New Jersey planning on moving to PA by next year. Now I'm a gun owner in my state with a ccw. I would like to know do I have to register my firearm in pa and how? Also can I use my ccw in that state? If not what would be the requirements on getting the ccw in this state? And is it easy to get a ccw in PA? I know PA is a gun friendly state that I know of unlike NJ. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2645 Times on 1541 Posts
Likes Given: 1485

Go to: www.pafoa.org to get the information you will need to obtain your CCW permit, it is a fairly simple and inexpensive process, once you have obtained residency.

There is NO concealed carry permit reciprocity between PA & NJ, your NJ CCW permit is not valid in PA.

According to the pafoa.org website, no you do not need to register your firearms with PA officials when you become a resident of the commonwealth.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Last edited by eatmydust; 06-20-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Can I get a non resident in the mean time? And to get that do I need to present my ccw from my current state?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1537 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 7815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromo2014 View Post
Can I get a non resident in the mean time? And to get that do I need to present my ccw from my current state?
yes. go to the sheriff's office in the county closest to you with your jersey lisence and fill out the forms. it will only cost you about $25, and most applications clear within a month. it will be good for 5 years.

where are you planning on moving to in pa? if possible, go to that county to get your CHL. I will be going for my resident CHL next month, (finishing a 4 month move this weekend) but i have had a PA CHL for close to ten years now as a NY resident. once you move into PA and get your DL, you will need to apply for your resident CHL, as your jersey one will likely no longer be valid.

bast of luck, and hope to hear you are moving in soon.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Newest Threads