Oregon Militia - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oregon Gun Forum >

Oregon Militia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho1911u22

I wouldn't mind doing a camping/shooting trip like that. I live in salem.
Great! Know any decent spots?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbulldog View Post
Great! Know any decent spots?
Molalla River Recreation Corridor is the only place I know of that you can shoot. I don't know that it is good for camping though not in groups like you are talking. It is sort of a canyon rather than a desert. There are other places like that around. I've just never been. But I don't think you will find a big open flat spot around here. Maybe somebody else knows better.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 15

There is a FAL shoot at the end of june I started back in 08, lots of fun, Machineguns you can get trigger time on, if interested pm me, thanks.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
I believe this might be the key phrase in the section of law quoted:

Otherwise Clint and Heidi Smith at Thunder Ranch in Oregon would be in violation of the law.
Just say'n what the law is. In most cases, probably not a problem, but we've all heard horror stories where an over-zealous prosecutor in Po-Dunk County can make life miserable for good folks who just want to exercise their God given rights. If you call your group a sportsman's club, you'd be ok. Call your group a militia and it could flip some politician's switch. Political correctness run amok.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 04-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Just say'n what the law is. In most cases, probably not a problem, but we've all heard horror stories where an over-zealous prosecutor in Po-Dunk County can make life miserable for good folks who just want to exercise their God given rights. If you call your group a sportsman's club, you'd be ok. Call your group a militia and it could flip some politician's switch. Political correctness run amok.
I worry NOT about flipping some Ahole Politicians "Switch" The politicians should BE Worried about flipping the switches of patriots who will in turn their switch OFF.

Personally I only know one politician that is Not a criminal, the rest need to be hanged.