How are the oregon gun laws?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oregon Gun Forum > How are the oregon gun laws?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

My mom wants to retire in oregon i currently live in Arizona and we have excellent gun laws here you can purchase almost any type of firearm known to man we have a huge annual shoot called the big sandy shoot we can carry concealed firearms without a permit if your 21 and over. Under 21 must open carry. we have stand your ground laws and castle doctorines. Im scared to move to oregon and worried ill have to sell my guns and im not sure if the hunting is any good there. Im wondering if you live how do you like it? Is there a survival/prepper community there? Or is it just a bunch of hippies? I prefer a community with a large military/law enforcment community

Last edited by hq357; 07-31-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
My mom wants to retire in oregon i currently live in Arizona and we have excellent gun laws here you can purchase almost any type of firearm known to man we have a huge annual shoot called the big sandy shoot we can carry concealed firearms without a permit if your 21 and over. we have stand your ground laws and castle doctorines. Im scared to move to oregon and worried ill have to sell my guns and im not sure if the hunting is any good there. Im wondering if you live how do you like it? Is there a survival/prepper community there? Or is it just a bunch of hippies? I prefer a community with a large military/law enforcment community
i thought you were over the age of 18? if so, why do you have to move just because your mother wants to retire to another state?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i thought you were over the age of 18? if so, why do you have to move just because your mother wants to retire to another state?
The personal guy again! Hello there! Kinda creepy that you follow my posts around And post things that don't relate to any of my questions. I am over 18 haha i must say it does worry me. why do you have the time to follow my posts? do you live in oregon? Or do you just want all the info and my life story? What are you planing to do with this info? Is it so you can just judge? Why are you so interested in my life? Any reason? I dont mind id just like to know its getting Very creepy now but if you live in oregon how are the gun laws there? Do you enjoy the weather? Is there any good hunting there? Is there Any trap/skeet out there? If you cant answer my questions then i dont know what else to say id like to respectfully ask to please stop creeping thank you

Last edited by hq357; 07-31-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Quote:
Kinda creepy that you follow my posts around
We all are watching, reading and following . ... it's a forum!
People Like This 
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #5

yes true your right. but atleast the others dont ask personal questions about my mother or my situation or my age and it always turns into something off subject and it makes the forum unenjoyable and nobody is able to even learn much im not looking for controversy or any type of drama or judgement i avoid it as much as possible ive seen how just one comment changes the whole thing and gets off topic really quick. I sometimes feel like im wasting time even asking questions to learn from others. Have you been to oregon by the way? I have never been there i would love to live there if its a gun friendly state.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Oregon is on a par with New York State gun wise. Not real friendly like TX or FL. try the phone app: Legal Heat. It's a buck. Lots of info on all states.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Last edited by 25-5; 07-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Oregon is much like Washington in several ways.
West is wet, East is drier.
West cities are lost to liberalism, the rest is rugged conservatism.
Cities lead the way, Rural protests and hates the cities.

I love the coast, but it is often overcast, misty and generally what the true PNW (West of Cascades).
As I write this I am waiting for the Marine Layer to burn off. And I am quite inland! .....

Nothing is prettier than a sunny day in the PNW, Mountains, Streams, Trees, Puget Sound ... can I go on!

Washington was founded by real men and women and has good constitutional protection.
Oregon, ... .. I don't really know. I do avoid California when I travel, but Oregon is great.

Just spent some time going through the old dinosaur area of Eastern Oregon this spring.
Didn't see any tho' . ... just rocks.

So .. .. Do you live with your Mother? I have two adult sons that live with my wife and I, they are the reason we can travel.

We have snowbirded to Arizona (Parker, Yuma and more!) The kids watch the cows, goats, chickens, cats, dogs, geese, ducks, and stuff.

I like the Arizona laws, and attitudes in general, but the cities are starting to suck with liberals, (Like the battle over the gun shows in Tucson).

How old are you. I am 60.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 07-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #8

I live in oregon and love it here. In my opinion oregon is very relaxed when it comes down to gun laws. I am an intern with the sheriffs department here and after talking with them they issue a lot of conceal carry permits. There are gun shows all the time also.

I am not a hunter but many if my buddies are and could tell you that there are great spots to hunt.

It does rain quite a bit but the spring and summer makes up for the cold weather. I like getting a taste of every season living here.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
The personal guy again! Hello there! Kinda creepy that you follow my posts around And post things that don't relate to any of my questions. I am over 18 haha i must say it does worry me. why do you have the time to follow my posts? do you live in oregon? Or do you just want all the info and my life story? What are you planing to do with this info? Is it so you can just judge? Why are you so interested in my life? Any reason? I dont mind id just like to know its getting Very creepy now but if you live in oregon how are the gun laws there? Do you enjoy the weather? Is there any good hunting there? Is there Any trap/skeet out there? If you cant answer my questions then i dont know what else to say id like to respectfully ask to please stop creeping thank you
i simply asked a question. you don't need to get your drawers all in a wad over it. simply put, if you're over 18 and you like it in Arizona and the states gun laws, then why move just because your mother decides she wants to move to Oregon. nothing personal about it. but you seem to get your feelings all hurt when asked a question. it might be better that you stay close to your mother though.

BTW, i didn't ask any personal questions about you or your mother, other than how old you were.

Last edited by Axxe55; 07-31-2013 at 10:37 PM.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #10

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

i simply asked a question. you don't need to get your drawers all in a wad over it. simply put, if you're over 18 and you like it in Arizona and the states gun laws, then why move just because your mother decides she wants to move to Oregon. nothing personal about it. but you seem to get your feelings all hurt when asked a question. it might be better that you stay close to your mother though.

BTW, i didn't ask any personal questions about you or your mother, other than how old you were.
I agree. It wasn't personal. Even I could see what he was getting at. He wasn't digging into the nitty gritty of your life. Relaxe.

As was mentioned the pacific northwest is pretty liberal in the cities and west of the cascades but I honestly haven't found the gun laws to be that bad. Getting a concealed permit is relatively easy compared to a lot of states. There are certain things you can't have such as short barreled rifles and full autos but other than that I don't know of anything you'd have to get rid of.