zombie appocolypse - Page 134
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > zombie appocolypse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #1331
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister

Um...yes they are. Sharp as hell and not made in the US. I have been a practitioner for 22 years.
The authenticity of the swords will be in the tang of the handle. Can u remove the tang from the handle. Is it a full tang or half tang. Once u remove the sword from the handle the sword should have the master folders name written on it. It will not be in English. I would love to c who made the sword for I am a huge sword collector my self. If u cannot remove the handle of the sword that's a huge indicator that it is fake. How many times has it been folded. Just because it is sharp does not mean it is real either. Any wet stone will make steel sharp. But with real Samaria and Katana u don't use any kind of stone. What do u use to polish the piece. Like I said huge sword guy. Nice to meet another sword collector. I have pommel guards that run 6 to 7 thousand just for the guard. No sword at all.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #1332
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow View Post
The authenticity of the swords will be in the tang of the handle. Can u remove the tang from the handle. Is it a full tang or half tang. Once u remove the sword from the handle the sword should have the master folders name written on it. It will not be in English. I would love to c who made the sword for I am a huge sword collector my self. If u cannot remove the handle of the sword that's a huge indicator that it is fake. How many times has it been folded. Just because it is sharp does not mean it is real either. Any wet stone will make steel sharp. But with real Samaria and Katana u don't use any kind of stone. What do u use to polish the piece. Like I said huge sword guy. Nice to meet another sword collector. I have pommel guards that run 6 to 7 thousand just for the guard. No sword at all.
The swords are full tang. I clean and oil my Katanas monthly the traditional way. Both swords are made in the Islands by reputable forges. They both cost a lot of money. I have practiced Iaido for 22 years and have taught my children. I use choji oil with rice paper. The folding is what made the Katanas expensive. The blades sing in the air. Nothing like the sound of the Hi swooshing through the air. The same is made of ray skins. The Ito and sageo is made of silk. The furnishings are brass. I do not know why you made the statement they are not real when you know nothing of the swords. Please explain. If you are asking if my swords are an original heirloom, well of course not. You would not use one to practice and fight with. They are priceless. Look at Katanas collected by US troops after world war 2, they are very plain looking. No Samurai would take an heirloom into battle. Oh, I am not a collector, I am a practitioner. My Katanas do not hang on walls to rust, they are respected in the old cultural traditions.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #1333

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister

The swords are full tang. I clean and oil my Katanas monthly the traditional way. Both swords are made in the Islands by reputable forges. They both cost a lot of money. I have practiced Iaido for 22 years and have taught my children. I use choji oil with rice paper. The folding is what made the Katanas expensive. The blades sing in the air. Nothing like the sound of the Hi swooshing through the air. The same is made of ray skins. The Ito and sageo is made of silk. The furnishings are brass. I do not know why you made the statement they are not real when you know nothing of the swords. Please explain. If you are asking if my swords are an original heirloom, well of course not. You would not use one to practice and fight with. They are priceless. Look at Katanas collected by US troops after world war 2, they are very plain looking. No Samurai would take an heirloom into battle. Oh, I am not a collector, I am a practitioner. My Katanas do not hang on walls to rust, they are respected in the old cultural traditions.
Very nice swords then. They looked similar to factory line swords from the pic but ur right it's a pic. I'm not looking at them in real life. My swords r not hung either. So they r not battle ready. The swords I have r 100% battle ready. I would not fight with them because of the price but they could be. However a few of my pieces were used for battle in their day.
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #1334
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89 View Post
Well we have one just like this one, and I think this would be a lot of fun to try on them!

Attachment 94384
THIS would have been cool in The Walking Dead!
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #1335

Liked 1117 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Well after all the semi autos have been banned... yeah right.... whatever, this should handle the up close work with the zombie bastards! And/or anything else...

image-2610636300.jpg
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #1336

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
I still think its the zombies who are buying up all the ammo.
* * * Why our guns are gone... probably ammo too. * * * (mp3)

... awww
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #1337

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

8mm mouser, marlin 22 and a hi-point 380. I have two steal
made all black machete' when the ammo runs low or when
needed for stealth mode. My cousin owns the top AR and the SKS.
image-44655780.jpg  

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #1338

Liked 211 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 322

This is my zombie medicine. Yes, I know you guys with the 30 round magazines can reload faster than me. But this is old school medicine, 500 grains, and ball and buck, and from what I have seen, zombies are not that fast
dscn1598.jpg  

Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #1339

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

I guess my wrist rocket sling shot with 50 cal lead ball should do the job on slow moving zombies. And no worry about running out of ammo, if I do I can always use rocks. (LOL)

Jim

Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #1340

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim
I guess my wrist rocket sling shot with 50 cal lead ball should do the job on slow moving zombies. And no worry about running out of ammo, if I do I can always use rocks. (LOL)

Jim
You better hope the bands don't break or a pack of walkers don't corner you.