zombie appocolypse - Page 120
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > zombie appocolypse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #1191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin

That's how I look at it, it's more of a figure of speech or play on words. Zombies=invaders foreign or domestic that try to take control of our great land..something like a tyrannical government. Something that will lead into wwlll or another civil war but we try to make it fun. Just like a SHTF thread, same thing in the end. Make sure you got all the ammo you need for survival I.e intruders and sustenance. There's nothing Wrong with being over prepared but there is something wrong with being under prepared. When the "zombies" attack the ones that aren't ready will need the smart ones or else there time is done.
It goes both ways I'm sure. The aforementioed may be zombies to you, but what do you think you are to them? Just sayin'!

I'm more a fan of those trying to take the arms away from the the "free" than those freely armed whom shouldn't be. Just a different side of the same coin. Those arming themselves just because they disagree with the powers that be scare me more than the over-reaching powers. Its self-entitlement vs. entitled, but at least the entitled have to keep up appearances, which gives them a leash. I'll always take a million leashed dogs over a thousand barking freaks. Domestication isn't such a bad thing.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #1192

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Is this stuff all a joke to you guys then, or are you seriously so stupid you believe in this zombie bs? Man I pray its the former, or things are so much worse than I thought and I fully support a complete weapons ban in every way possible!! And an abolishment of the 2nd ammendment with radical enforcement.

If able to put the idiocy aside, only rifles are of value against a mindless attacker like the "zombie". Tree stand it and snipe the fooks. Personally I'd prefer to put down the guns and enjoy a pair of machettes. Thats real killing, guns are for the weak minded and souless in such a threatless situation.
Why are you on a direarm forum if ur aginst firearms...that sir is idiocy. Go back to the woods with your knives and hunt squirels, rats, and snakes ill keep my firearms and eat like a fat man on deer and elk while shootin a dumbass charging at me with a knife cause he wanted to take away the second amendment....i laugh at people like you and then continue on with my life

Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #1193
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1336 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Around two years ago, there was an anti-gunner group that needed a new angle of attack on shooters. They decided to make a big public stink about the fact that many shooters used human targets - everything from photo real humans down to the NRA B-27 and therefore were "preparing to kill people."

A smart target company immediately started printing photo-realistic zombie targets to solve both problems: The anti-gunners couldn't complain about "human hunting" and shooters could still evaluate defensive shooting on a bipedal form. The targets were a huge success and ammo maker Hornady and others printed new boxes for their high end ammo to help support the new targets.

And that's how the recent "Zombie craze" got started within the shooting industry. Of course there are a plethora of T.V. shows to help support the new products, but it was anti-gunner stupidity that actually encouraged the manufacturers - they weren't just being greedy.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #1194

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

Why are you on a direarm forum if ur aginst firearms...
His post was meant in jest.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #1195

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

It goes both ways I'm sure. The aforementioed may be zombies to you, but what do you think you are to them? Just sayin'!

I'm more a fan of those trying to take the arms away from the the "free" than those freely armed whom shouldn't be. Just a different side of the same coin. Those arming themselves just because they disagree with the powers that be scare me more than the over-reaching powers. Its self-entitlement vs. entitled, but at least the entitled have to keep up appearances, which gives them a leash. I'll always take a million leashed dogs over a thousand barking freaks. Domestication isn't such a bad thing.
I understand what your saying, but the problem is they already look at us crazy because nowadays having 2 handguns and 3 airsoft rifles with 500 rounds is considered an arsenal to these liberals. So there is no pleasing them so f**k em. I'm not armed because I'm scared of an overtaking per se but I'm prepared none the less. I enjoy my range time as I'm sure you do also along with everyone else here. Most likely there are a few peanuts on this forum that will go kookoo but that's anywhere. So might as well have fun with our "sport" and shoot at zombie targets(even though I never have) and prepare. Kinda like having a bomb shelter IMO

Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #1196

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Why are you on a direarm forum if ur aginst firearms...that sir is idiocy. Go back to the woods with your knives and hunt squirels, rats, and snakes ill keep my firearms and eat like a fat man on deer and elk while shootin a dumbass charging at me with a knife cause he wanted to take away the second amendment....i laugh at people like you and then continue on with my life

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #1197

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

Just because I want to entertain the idea of of "zombie" attack doesn't make me any less responsible or competent than anyone else.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #1198
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter View Post
just because i want to entertain the idea of of "zombie" attack doesn't make me any less responsible or competent than anyone else.
really????

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #1199

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

LOL, no problem...isnt it weird though that the black cat's eyes are glowing but the other cat's isnt? Veeeerrrrry strange, reminds me of pet cemetary o_O
It's because the direction of the tapetum lucidum in its eyes. Some angles it will absorb light and other angles it'll reflect.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #1200

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexas325

It's because the direction of the tapetum lucidum in its eyes. Some angles it will absorb light and other angles it'll reflect.
What about in total darkness?

:-)

http___images-1.redbubble.net_img_art_size_ularge_view_main_1730466-2-cats-eyes.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis