Your thoughts on my PPKS 380 Blue
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Your thoughts on my PPKS 380 Blue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Your thoughts on my PPKS 380 Blue

I bought a new PPKS in 1994, made by interarms. I wanted it because I felt it was a classic or would be. I rarely carry it or shoot it. I own several other carry, range and backup firearms. I am deciding whether to just oil it up and put it away or try to sell it. It is a beauty like new but will it ever really be a CLASSIC?

What do you experts - collectors - or shooters think?
Thanks
Bruce

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have one that I bought back in the 80's. I don't think it has any special collector value. I don't shoot it because the slide rips a hole in my hand after about 6 rounds. Great pistol, but for us ham handed guys....ouch!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #3

I used to carry it but never liked the feel of shooting it. Slide was never easy either. That seems to be the complaint on all the boards, hard on the shooter. Not fun to shoot, just looks good. My inclination is to sell it with the ammo and leather holster but probably locally for the ease of the transaction. I will take in some more opinions first. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
I have one that I bought back in the 80's. I don't think it has any special collector value. I don't shoot it because the slide rips a hole in my hand after about 6 rounds. Great pistol, but for us ham handed guys....ouch!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I have a pair of them. A stainless PPK/S I gave to my wife and an original PPK that I use. No Interarms gun is ever going to be a collectors item so if it doesn't work for you - then by all means sell it...

Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Default on a side note

Servicemembers eat free at Applebee's on Veteran's Day, Past and current military.

For more information about Veterans Day at Applebee's, visit Applebee's® - Veterans and Active Duty Military - Enjoy a free signature entree Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11th.

Tags
interarms, ppks, walther