Your thoughts on the Kahr P .380? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Your thoughts on the Kahr P .380?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Take a good look at the chamber as it may be "rough". Take out the barrel and clean it really good then see if you have a problem with dropping a round into the chamber. If you feel any resistance, the chamber is to tight or has a rough spot or two...

Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #22

Default p380 issues

well. to be fair every 380 that I have owned needed A-lots of break in Bsome polishing.and C patience...I really believe that for the money.lots of it, that it should be golden out of the box.Being a complex-precision machine things won't always be great -out of the box..I'm going to the range several times to practice with it in combat situations similiar to real world.example-draw and rapid firing.I wouldn't complain till 400- 500 rounds have gone thru..of good quality ammo.I tried som paki crap that I returned to the store I got it.any last round non ejects were dur to follower hangin on the ejecting shell casing.file the edges and works well now...stay safe out there. hope this helps --- neil

Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #23

i really like the gun - so I am going to give it another 2oo rounds over the next couple of range sessions. it is a heck of lot better quality than the LCP I once owned.

what grit of sandpaper do folks use to smooth out rough edges? not sure if I will do this just yet as if the gun has to go back to kahr i don't want them to blame it all on me.

thanks for the info on chambering a round into the barrel outside of the gun - am going to try it tomorrow with several different types of ammo to see if i feel some resistance.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #24

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

+1 Under Fire

My PM9's been 100% reliable out the box. I know two guys w/Kahr PM380's and both run fine.

Personally, I don't know why you'd want a .380 when the PM9 is really not much bigger and about the same price but to each his own, right.

You'll be happy with the Kahr, especially the trigger when you compare it to ANY other DA pocket gun on the market.

TACK

Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #25

I had a LCP before the PM9 and when I sold the Ruger for 265 and got a used P380 for 360 - too good to pass up.

I agree on the size difference not being much. However, the P380 is much easier to pocket carry for me. I do truly like the Kahr guns. A friend has been holding on a PM45 for some time - over a month wait since he ordered. It would be nice to see how that fires.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #26

spoke with kahr tech support. they stated they would arrange to have fed ex pick up the pistol tomorrow.

they state it might take 1-2 weeks.

will keep everyone posted

Old 05-12-2010, 03:01 AM   #27

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchino View Post
I had a LCP before the PM9 and when I sold the Ruger for 265 and got a used P380 for 360 - too good to pass up.

I agree on the size difference not being much. However, the P380 is much easier to pocket carry for me. I do truly like the Kahr guns. A friend has been holding on a PM45 for some time - over a month wait since he ordered. It would be nice to see how that fires.
I hear ya...for me "to small to hold in a natural grip" = "to small to bet my life on" regardless of comfort. Kahr's PM9 is the smallest gun I've found that's both a very flat auto and big enough to fire without felling like Agent J holding his Noisy Cricket...Dammit K!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #28

i just got the gun back from kahr today. very pleased with the communication and service they provided. While there i had them put night sights on it too.

i don;t know exactly what was wrong but it must have been something significant. they replaced the barrel, recoil spring, ejector and extractor. they also polished the slide.

today went through 100 rounds...FLAWLESS! Feels like an entirely new weapon.

Kudos to Kahr!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #29

elchino,
Great to hear-
Kahr does have excellent Customer Service.

I think it's time for me to bring mine to the range & practice.
Since I'm headed there this weekend anyway to shoot my long range rifle...
I think I'll bring the little bug & give it a work out.

Just a side note:
My local gun store got (5) P380's in 2 months ago and last weekend I noticed the last one sold. The store still has (2) Ruger LCP's that have been there for at least 2 months. We like our Kahr Firearms in this neck of the woods.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
I think it's time for me to bring mine to the range & practice.
Since I'm headed there this weekend anyway to shoot my long range rifle...
I think I'll bring the little bug & give it a work out.
Well, I went to the range today and brought the little bug with me.
Ran 100 rounds through it; 20 self defense and 80 target rounds.
The little bug performed as it always has with not a hiccup, accurate & true.
I wish I could have shot more, but that .380 ACP ammo is expensive.