Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Your thoughts on the Kahr P .380?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Got a P380 a few months back...jammed like crazy..put 400+ rounds thru it...no improvement..

sent it back to factory....got it back a week later...put 150 rounds thru...1 jam..

i thought the problem was solved...started carrying it again...then two days ago I tried to chamber a round and ...JAM...

What should I do? send it back again..ask for a refund/credit?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzinski View Post
Got a P380 a few months back...jammed like crazy..put 400+ rounds thru it...no improvement..

sent it back to factory....got it back a week later...put 150 rounds thru...1 jam..

i thought the problem was solved...started carrying it again...then two days ago I tried to chamber a round and ...JAM...

What should I do? send it back again..ask for a refund/credit?
Troll?
Here's another 1 post member bashing a quality product.
How long did it take you to find this topic?

Old 02-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm inclined to agree with you Underfire. 1 post and bashing something is awfully suspicious.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 145

I daily carry my Kahr K9 and have put well over 1200 rounds through it. Besides tricky to disassemble it is one of the most reliable weapons I have ever owned. Sorry to hear about your p.380.

Don't feed the trolls?

Old 02-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #15

Agent_H

I own 2 Kahr firearms: CW40 & P380.
Haven't had a problem with any of the two.
They both get carry time. I've noticed that Kahr firearms work flawless for me & other owners. Now I know that they're not perfect, but there's not a firearm product that is. I am aware of the problem that Kahr had with the P380 at the start of production. It was a minor problem that the company rectified soon after discovering it.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #16

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

I bought a Ruger LCP but found it uncomfortable to shoot, and during extened range seesions it became downright painful. When I saw my first P380 I bought it and it totally outclasses the LCP. The slide locks open after the last shot, the sights were a huge improvement, and the trigger is silky smooth. I have about 700 rnds thru the P380 with assorted ammo and functioning has be 100% perfect. I would highly recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a pocket 380, Kahr is going to sell a lot of these.

dsc05763.jpg  

Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Troll?
Here's another 1 post member bashing a quality product.
How long did it take you to find this topic?

It took me about 30 seconds..I googled "p380 jamming" ...and this site with this thread appeared...looked like a great forum so I joined....and posted my concern with my p380

I own a P9 and love it..never had a problem...So I'm not trying to bash Kahr...but the p380 has had jamming issues...(admitted by service tech i spoke to at Kahr and several other gun shop owners who have had to send p380's back to Kahr)..

Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
I was wondering if any of you own a Kahr P380?

I do. Found one at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and bought it.
I have ran 150 rounds thru it and getting closer to break-in condition as the owner manual describes.
This weapon is the perfect pocket gun-IMO

According to some magazine articles I've read about some loading issues...
Has anyone had problems with their Kahr P380?
just got one..at the range it had trouble ejecting the last shell casing.it hung up on the follower in the clips. I rounded the edges off the follower and it solved that problem....had a few misfires due to very shallow firing pin strike, and one stovepipe mal..also dislikes crappy imported ammo.I'm at 150 rounds and plan 200-250 more before we are bonded and I'm confident it will fire every time...also seems to shoot low and to the left..I do better point and shoot opposed to aiming....like the quality and feel also put a clip extender on it.big improvement

Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #19

Default p-380 break in

well....I put another 100 rounds thru my p-380 after a cleaning and full inspection.used quality ammo and only had 2 malfunctions..1 ejecton and one failed to chamber fully.overall I think this is a high quality carry pistol that likes good ammo and oil..good groups at rapid fire-point and shoot...now to find some 380 defense rounds.....peace and be careful out there

Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #20

I purchased a used P380 for a great price ($350.00). Whoever purchased it - had some jams and brought it back within a day or two. The shop owner mentioned the buyer didn't consider he had to break in a $600 gun - so he sold it.

I own a PM9 and know about the break-in period. I have now put 250 rounds and have experienced some failures to eject. During the first 250 rounds - failed 3x. Today after 100 rounds it jammed 1x.

I have called Kahr and they mentioned that my serial number (3XXX) shows it was made in Nov 2009 and that there was no recall.

I have had to use a flat head screwdriver to remove the spent casing as it is still in the barrel partially ejected. When I did this today I noticed the following round wouldn't load. The slide would not even return. I slapped the magazine end as it looked like it was coming out and it loaded and fired fine.

Is it possible that activating the magazine release accidentally while shooting could cause these issues?

Also, noticed it happens with PMC Blazer and Remington UMC ammo most of the time. Never happened with Fiocchi - for what it is worth.

Any help or addl info would be great!!

Last edited by elchino; 05-10-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added info