Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Xds.45 or Glock 39 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/xds-45-glock-39-a-99681/)

Treyendo 10-29-2013 10:28 PM

Xds.45 or Glock 39
 
Guys I currently have a glock 17 but just got my ccp and not sure which gun to get!!! All I know is I want a trustworthy .45 small gun to conceal.

Thanks!

drew661 10-29-2013 10:38 PM

Honestly both are solid guns. Handle both and see what feels best to you.
Xd might be a bit hard to find right now.
Welcome to the forum BTW

ctshooter 10-29-2013 10:42 PM

I personally have nothing but praise for the xds other than the recall. I have about 1000 rounds through my xds and during that time only had one malfunction which was caused by a factory round that wasn't seated in the case all the way (Tula) but other than that been perfect.

Can't speak for the glock... But my 19 has been perfect as well. I'd say find a place you can shoot both and see which feels best in your hand.

Treyendo 10-29-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew661
Honestly both are solid guns. Handle both and see what feels best to you.
Xd might be a bit hard to find right now.
Welcome to the forum BTW

Will do! Thank you everyone on here is awesome.

Treyendo 10-29-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter
I personally have nothing but praise for the xds other than the recall. I have about 1000 rounds through my xds and during that time only had one malfunction which was caused by a factory round that wasn't seated in the case all the way (Tula) but other than that been perfect.

Can't speak for the glock... But my 19 has been perfect as well. I'd say find a place you can shoot both and see which feels best in your hand.

Yea I love my glock but get nothing but better things about the xds for concealment even with the recall.

ctshooter 10-30-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treyendo

Yea I love my glock but get nothing but better things about the xds for concealment even with the recall.

If you do end up going with the xds your first upgrade should be

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Springfield%20Armory/PG-XDS

Makes a world of difference.

Argyle_Armoring 10-30-2013 01:20 AM

I'm a huge fan of the GAP guns. I would highly recommend the G39. If you haven't shot one, you'll fall in love instantly. The .45 GAP is an amazing round. Same size bullet as .45 ACP with higher velocity and less recoil and still fits in a regular frame. What's not to love about that.

I built a G38 for a customer last year and I almost bought it off him right there on the spot.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.