XDs 4 round burst?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XDs 4 round burst?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 27 Posts

Default XDs 4 round burst?

A friend and I were having a little shootout on his back porch last night...When his XDs .45 started spitting out multiple round bursts. First it was a series of 2 round bursts. After about half a dozen 2 round bursts, it spit out a 3 round burst. It did this a few times, then finally spit out the 4 round burst. Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong? Is it possible that he could be accidentally bump firing some how with the way he's holding the gun and/or pulling the trigger? His grip is the standard thumbs forward grip. Anyway, it's in the shop getting checked out. Just wondered if anyone has heard of such behavior from the XDs or any semi-auto for that matter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #2

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Well the first thing I would do is delete this thread, I wouldnt go out of my way to tell anyone except the manufaturer.

As stated above, call SA and get it back to them ASAP, malfunctioning or not, you have an illegal unregisterd 'machinegun' in your possession... They will put you away for a very long time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by sputnik1988; 07-12-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2721 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

I sure have not! Just got my new XDS 45 today actually. But I have a friend who has one and it works flawlessly. It is a striker fired weapon so it would seem there is definitely a defect. I do not think that could happen no matter how you were holding the weapon. Could be a firing pin sticking? Could be a weak spring or one out of place. Whatever, as Sputnic stated he should contact Springfield and get it back to Springfield on an RMA. The shop mentioned I hope it is Springfield. If not it should be unless it is a Springfield Warranty Center? Unsafe weapon for sure!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #4

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

It is easy to double tap it , I have done it a few times. Now 3 or 4 is a different story . you should shoot it and see if it does it to you , maybe its just him . If not call Springfield and get that thing in the mail
(800) 680-6866 mon-fri, 8:30-4:30 central time

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Maybe it just needs a good cleaning?

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Sear not working well? Take it down and clean EVERYTHING Something is gummed up or simply not working as it should. The striker is not being cocked back and staying put. So when the slide comes forward it's letting the next round fly.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson