xdm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > xdm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default xdm

Hello, Im lookin to buy a handgun which will be used for home defense and also as a carry gun. because buying 2 guns is not an option i need one that will work good for both situations. for this reason i was thinking about the new xdm compact. most compact guns dont fit my hands real well so i figured i could use the extended magazine for shooting at the range and home defense and the smaller magazine when im carrying. I also realy like the smith & wesson m&p, and am trying to stay in the $600 price range. anyone have any advise on these guns or any other similair guns. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #2

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I own a XD sub compact 9mm and i will say it is my favorite handgun, i do switch what i carry from time to time depending on how i dress but this is my main carry gun and it is also my nightstand gun, i love it and have never had a problem with it and it fits my hand perfact and i can shoot it very well, i would recomend it very much.

102_1297.jpg   102_1298.jpg  

Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by west33 View Post
Hello, Im lookin to buy a handgun which will be used for home defense and also as a carry gun. because buying 2 guns is not an option i need one that will work good for both situations. for this reason i was thinking about the new xdm compact. most compact guns dont fit my hands real well so i figured i could use the extended magazine for shooting at the range and home defense and the smaller magazine when im carrying. I also realy like the smith & wesson m&p, and am trying to stay in the $600 price range. anyone have any advise on these guns or any other similair guns. Thanks
I think you are on the right track. Put it in a crossbreed supertuck or similar holster and you are good to go!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Btw, I carry an xd40 sc and it's a great carry piece.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own a full size XDM .40 and an M&P .40c. I thought the M&P felt better as a compact, but that's just me...you may have a totally different opinion. I like the fact that the XDM will give you a higher capacity. But, my M&P holds 10+1 so I by no means feel under gunned. I like the pinky extension that comes on one of the M&P mags for range shooting and keeping at home. I'm pretty sure that the M&P allows you to use their full size mags in the compact models, which will give you something like a 15 round capacity for home use.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm leaning towards the xdm compact, but I think I just need to go to the range and test em out and see which one feels right.