The XD has been retired...I now carry this. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The XD has been retired...I now carry this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I take that recommendation highly from someone like you Spitty. I shall check them out tonight. I need to finalize some Christmas shopping anyways.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I also have the Cross Breed Super Tuck (but for my XD45C) and absolutely love it. Like Spitty, I wear mine in the 4 o'clock position and wear my regular size pants and a loose fitting polo or button down over it. I've found that the thicker material of the polo in a darker color hides my weapon better than lighter colors and/or fabric weights. I wore it to dinner the other night with my wife and her family and no one had a clue that I was carrying, even with black clips over a brown belt as the loose fitting polo covers the majority of the exposed portion of the clips.

I'm really glad you like the CBST, Spitty! Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me get another one for my Kimber...

Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Bought a supertuck deluxe along with a good belt a couple months ago based on recommendations I got on another FTF thread.
Great holster, very comfortable and concealable. Carry full size kimber and ten minutes after I put it on for the first time, I forgot it was even there. I know the belt helps too, but in my somewhat limited experience, this is the best IWB holster Ive used.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I have tried to bring myself to purchase a Crossbred Supertuck but I just do not like the way they look. I have never been able to hold one nor do I know anyone that owns one, but the craftsmenship lookes like it is not well made. I would hate to spend the money on it to test it out and find out that I did not like it.

I have the Milt Sparks VM2 for my XD45C. I was using a Galco Summer Confort Holster for IWB till I got my VM2. Now I wonder why it took me so long to order it.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I LOVE my crossbreed holster now that I've had it a few months and it's "broken in." I wear it at 4 o'clock with a Colt Combat Commander. My pants are already slightly large on me (1") so I don't have any issues with IWB carry and pant size. It's really comfortable, and I barely notice that my gun is there except when I'm driving...

Oh, I also wear my shirts tucked in most of the time, which is another reason I love this holster.

My only complaint is the retention, which is very little. There's instructions on how to increase it, and I just may sometime.

Last edited by feedsasquatch; 12-06-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I have tried to bring myself to purchase a Crossbred Supertuck but I just do not like the way they look. I have never been able to hold one nor do I know anyone that owns one, but the craftsmenship lookes like it is not well made. I would hate to spend the money on it to test it out and find out that I did not like it.

I have the Milt Sparks VM2 for my XD45C. I was using a Galco Summer Confort Holster for IWB till I got my VM2. Now I wonder why it took me so long to order it.
I can understand not wanting to spend the money without being able to handle one first and I had some of the same feelings. I can promise you, the holster is a well made piece. If you order it and decide you don't like it, you have 2 or 3 weeks to return for a refund, so you and try it and then decide. Plus is has a lifetime warrenty.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like to carry my Kimber too - it hides real well.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #18

I just bought my Supertuck a few weeks ago. I carry my XD SC 9mm in it and sometimes my XDm 9mm.

I really like my ST! I also like the fact that I can carry either XD in it, they both fit just right.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I can understand not wanting to spend the money without being able to handle one first and I had some of the same feelings. I can promise you, the holster is a well made piece. If you order it and decide you don't like it, you have 2 or 3 weeks to return for a refund, so you and try it and then decide. Plus is has a lifetime warrenty.
Thanks for the info Spittinfire. I might have to order one and find out if I like it or not. I just find it hard to believe that it is more comfortable then the
VM-2.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post

If you haven't looked at it before I highly suggest it. Lifetime warranty, if you want the kydex adjusted for a tighter or looser grip on the weapon, it's free. The big reason I went with it is because you can actually tuck your shirt it. There are some places you just need to tuck your shirt in and I wanted to be able to carry in all situations. I wore it to church on Sunday with a button down tucked in and my wife didn't know I was wearing it until we got home. They make different color clips and different styles to meet your needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I take that recommendation highly from someone like you Spitty. I shall check them out tonight. I need to finalize some Christmas shopping anyways.
I decided to give this a try after my good friend Rusty suggested it.

I got it about a week ago and I tried it for the first time last weekend. Not a big outing, but I wore it for about 3 hours and it was quite comfortable.

I am not a big fan of Kydex. In fact, along with plastic guns, I hate plastic holsters almost as much.

That said, this carry system is quite comfortable and I see myself wearing it more often than some of my other holsters.

Here are a few pictures with some guys Nighthawk GRP I borrowed for testing.
cc-setup-1.jpg   cc-setup-2.jpg   cc-setup-3.jpg