Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The XD has been retired...I now carry this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default The XD has been retired...I now carry this.

My wife has set the bar high in our first 2 years of marriage as far as birthday presents go. Last year she got me the target cube and this year she got me this...
A Crossbreed Supertuck and it's awesome!! It got here early so I've been wearing this set up for the past couple of weeks. I've worn it in all kinds of clothing and it's very easy to make disappear.

dsc_0333.jpg

dsc_0334.jpg

If you are wondering why I retired the XD as my home defense gun, I've got a range report coming shortly that will help explain. I still love my XD and will not sell it. I would trust my life with it and have for several years. The Kimber is simply easier to hide.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nice set up spitty. Looks like you've got a good one there, better hang on to her. Congrats!

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nice setup Bro.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Love them Crossbreed Supertucks Spitty, good choice....congrats.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #5

nice setup.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Looks like a good setup.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
My wife has set the bar high in our first 2 years of marriage as far as birthday presents go. Last year she got me the target cube and this year she got me this...
A Crossbreed Supertuck and it's awesome!! It got here early so I've been wearing this set up for the past couple of weeks. I've worn it in all kinds of clothing and it's very easy to make disappear.

Attachment 8202

Attachment 8203

If you are wondering why I retired the XD as my home defense gun, I've got a range report coming shortly that will help explain. I still love my XD and will not sell it. I would trust my life with it and have for several years. The Kimber is simply easier to hide.
nice pick up

Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #8

Very nice, ? for you, do you wear one size larger paints with the inside wast band holster. I have a few and just can not get accustomed to them. Any hints on making them work better for me.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is an interesting set up. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the update Spitty!

JD

Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguns911 View Post
Very nice, ? for you, do you wear one size larger paints with the inside wast band holster. I have a few and just can not get accustomed to them. Any hints on making them work better for me.
I've found the more relaxed cut pants give me more room and comfort. Rule of thumb is one size larger but it doesn't always apply so you have to play with it. For me the best position is 4 o clock, it's just behind my hip so I'm not any wider and it slips the grip into the small of my back where my shirt can hide it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That is an interesting set up. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the update Spitty!

JD
If you haven't looked at it before I highly suggest it. Lifetime warranty, if you want the kydex adjusted for a tighter or looser grip on the weapon, it's free. The big reason I went with it is because you can actually tuck your shirt it. There are some places you just need to tuck your shirt in and I wanted to be able to carry in all situations. I wore it to church on Sunday with a button down tucked in and my wife didn't know I was wearing it until we got home. They make different color clips and different styles to meet your needs.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer