Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   The XD has been retired...I now carry this. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/xd-has-been-retired-i-now-carry-20652/)

spittinfire 12-02-2009 11:33 AM

The XD has been retired...I now carry this.

2 Attachment(s)
My wife has set the bar high in our first 2 years of marriage as far as birthday presents go. Last year she got me the target cube and this year she got me this...
A Crossbreed Supertuck and it's awesome!! It got here early so I've been wearing this set up for the past couple of weeks. I've worn it in all kinds of clothing and it's very easy to make disappear.

Attachment 8202

Attachment 8203

If you are wondering why I retired the XD as my home defense gun, I've got a range report coming shortly that will help explain. I still love my XD and will not sell it. I would trust my life with it and have for several years. The Kimber is simply easier to hide.

jwhirl413 12-02-2009 11:57 AM

Nice set up spitty. Looks like you've got a good one there, better hang on to her. Congrats!

lonyaeger 12-02-2009 12:40 PM

Nice setup Bro.

IGETEVEN 12-02-2009 02:37 PM

Love them Crossbreed Supertucks Spitty, good choice....congrats. :D

Jack

ccr203 12-02-2009 02:49 PM

nice setup.

CA357 12-02-2009 02:52 PM

Looks like a good setup. :cool:

Jusselin 12-02-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 193061)
My wife has set the bar high in our first 2 years of marriage as far as birthday presents go. Last year she got me the target cube and this year she got me this...
A Crossbreed Supertuck and it's awesome!! It got here early so I've been wearing this set up for the past couple of weeks. I've worn it in all kinds of clothing and it's very easy to make disappear.

Attachment 8202

Attachment 8203

If you are wondering why I retired the XD as my home defense gun, I've got a range report coming shortly that will help explain. I still love my XD and will not sell it. I would trust my life with it and have for several years. The Kimber is simply easier to hide.

nice pick up

Bigguns911 12-02-2009 02:56 PM

Very nice, ? for you, do you wear one size larger paints with the inside wast band holster. I have a few and just can not get accustomed to them. Any hints on making them work better for me.

Dillinger 12-02-2009 03:49 PM

That is an interesting set up. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the update Spitty!

JD

spittinfire 12-03-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguns911 (Post 193162)
Very nice, ? for you, do you wear one size larger paints with the inside wast band holster. I have a few and just can not get accustomed to them. Any hints on making them work better for me.

I've found the more relaxed cut pants give me more room and comfort. Rule of thumb is one size larger but it doesn't always apply so you have to play with it. For me the best position is 4 o clock, it's just behind my hip so I'm not any wider and it slips the grip into the small of my back where my shirt can hide it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 193200)
That is an interesting set up. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the update Spitty!

JD

If you haven't looked at it before I highly suggest it. Lifetime warranty, if you want the kydex adjusted for a tighter or looser grip on the weapon, it's free. The big reason I went with it is because you can actually tuck your shirt it. There are some places you just need to tuck your shirt in and I wanted to be able to carry in all situations. I wore it to church on Sunday with a button down tucked in and my wife didn't know I was wearing it until we got home. They make different color clips and different styles to meet your needs.