XD 40 vs PX4 Storm in 40 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

XD 40 vs PX4 Storm in 40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

my px4 .40 runs tul ammo fine, however i don't make a habit out of it. I actually don't care for the decocker/safety placement either, but love the rest of the gun. One of the reasons that I went with the Beretta was that several of my friends had XDs, FNs, Glocks, etc...so figured to get something different. I don't think with either choice you will be disappointed. Hey, check if Beretta has a promo, when i bought mine, it was several years ago I got a free mag or a holster...I know i got something for free.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a PX4 and love it. I've never shot steel through mine, but it takes all kinds of cheap brass and never has a problem. Actually I've never had a jam in mine at all, in over 5000 rds! I've shot several XD's as well and like them almost as much. Both are very good guns, and you wouldn't be disappointed in either.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I have XDm and PX4. XDm, much better engineering, solid. PX4 has a great trigger and feels great it's just not same durability standards as XDm. If I drop my PX4, would be afraid it would break. My PX4 won't eat alloy ammo, mucho FTF's with this ammo. During routine cleaning of PX4 a spring flew off the slide release and it fell a part and it was a PITA to figure out how to put it back together. The biggest plus I have with PX4 is I can keep one in the pipe without a striker fire engaged with safety on, just drop the safety and start pulling the trigger.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
I have XDm and PX4. XDm, much better engineering, solid. PX4 has a great trigger and feels great it's just not same durability standards as XDm. If I drop my PX4, would be afraid it would break. My PX4 won't eat alloy ammo, mucho FTF's with this ammo. During routine cleaning of PX4 a spring flew off the slide release and it fell a part and it was a PITA to figure out how to put it back together. The biggest plus I have with PX4 is I can keep one in the pipe without a striker fire engaged with safety on, just drop the safety and start pulling the trigger.
Thanks I dont choose cheap ammo unless I really have to but vi shhot when I wanna shhot so ill give in to anything

Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My fiance has droped my XD quite a few times and its still goingg strong