Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD-40 sub or Glock 27 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD-40 sub or Glock 27 ?

I'm sure their are some members who have experience with both of these, so please...........compare carry ability, reliability, and comfort.

Glock 27 carrier

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just ME personally but I'd grab the XDM in .40 and run away clutching it tightly while grinning & not looking back.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #3

XD40 Sub, points better than the glock, and just plain feels better to me.

Beware of the Man who owns only 1 gun. He will know how to use it, :cool:

Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The XD is the "newer" kid on the block, and is an excellent pistol. That said, it seems to me that the XD a bit chunkier up top than the Glock 27. I would encourage you to go hold them side-by-side and see what you think.

Although a little more expensive, you might also check out the Kahr PM40.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 02-18-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #5

I was at the same crossroad last week, I did as suggested and took some time to get the "feel" for each one, being a former Glock owner it was a difficult decision, but in the end I chose the XD40 and have not looked back.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #6

The one advantage the glock 27 has is the amount of Mods you can get for it.

Extended mags, barrel conversions, sights...

Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #7

These two are both great guns, both very reliable. The only great difference is the safety features. That will be your preference. XD has more safety features hands down. I also wanted to throw out looking at a Beretta px4. This is the exact same catagory. This is the gun I went with in the 40 Cal. Accuracy, reliability, and recoil is identical to the xd. Sent 300 rounds consecutive threw both xd and px4 without a hiccup. I simply went with the px4 because of its asthetics over the xd.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 02-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #8

I personally like the Glock better. Most people on this forum will say XD though. I would go rent them both and shoot both of them. It all comes down to what you like the best. They will both extremely reliable, both accurate. They are both great guns. I personally like the way the glock feels and the angle of the grip over the XD, but for that same reason alot of people will go with the XD. Go shoot them both and make your own dicision.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #9

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the XD sub, an XD, a Glock G22 and my brother has a G27. I have probably shot my brother G27 more than my XD sub. I have a fair amount of experience with the full size vesions and the subs. I would take the XD over the Glock any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Don't get me wrong, now that I have discovered the Hogue handall I am a huge fan of my G22, but it does not compare to the comfort, the felt recoil and the ergos of the XD.

The XD has some benefits that I feel are superior to the Glock.
1. The metal frame inserts are removable/replaceable if need be.
2. The mag release is ambidextrous. This is huge for me.
3. The chamber indicator is easier to see especially if the weapon is drawn up and aimed (it's on top the glock is on the side). And when the chamber is loaded the indicator is much easier to feel on the XD.
4. The XDm is made of match grade parts (barrel and slide)
5. The XD has a visual and physical indicator if it is "cocked."
6. The XD has a grip safety.

The Glock has capacity on the XD, but not the XDm.

Most of this though are my opinions. There are no substitutions for your experience. Go rent both, hell shoot both in all three calibers, there is a good chance you might like the Glock in one caliber and the XD in another. Then make you choice.

EDIT: Holy crap did anyone realize this thread is a year old and judging by his signature, I think he made his choice...LOL

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 02-18-2010 at 02:30 AM.