Worst gun you ever owned - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Worst gun you ever owned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

3rd Gen G22 issues are NOT uncommon. They are almost the sole reason why Glock came out with the Gen4, which is apparently a much improved version (in .40 anyway). A few local LE agencies dumped their G22's because of similar issues.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Man I wouldn't have thunk it.
every so often a manufacturer puts out a device cursed by the hand of Murphy himself. we do not no where or when the next will appear but we know its lurking, waiting to pronounce itself the "antidevice"

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 08-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #83

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Mine is and I still have it the Walther PK380. Reloads won't empty a clip. Store boughts won't empty the clip. I have learned what the big problem with the .380 is, not enough punch. I hold my 9mm's in a firm but comfortable grip. If I do the same with the .380 there is not enough 'base' for the gun to reload from the clip. If you lock up everything tight then it will work properly. The problem is that it then becomes no longer fun to fire. I originally bought it for my wife for home protection or when she travels. I have never given it to her because of the fail to feed issue. Not the guns fault and not the shooters fault it just is what it is.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #84

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1
Mine is and I still have it the Walther PK380. Reloads won't empty a clip. Store boughts won't empty the clip. I have learned what the big problem with the .380 is, not enough punch. I hold my 9mm's in a firm but comfortable grip. If I do the same with the .380 there is not enough 'base' for the gun to reload from the clip. If you lock up everything tight then it will work properly. The problem is that it then becomes no longer fun to fire. I originally bought it for my wife for home protection or when she travels. I have never given it to her because of the fail to feed issue. Not the guns fault and not the shooters fault it just is what it is.
Try Double Tap ammo. It's loaded hot. I stopped using it because it was hard on my guns, but sounds like it might be just what you need.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #85

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Try Double Tap ammo. It's loaded hot. I stopped using it because it was hard on my guns, but sounds like it might be just what you need.
Thanks for the tip Cnorman but I will probably sell or trade it.
I could reload for it and that was a draw to it as well, and I can hot load but why shake the gun apart trying to get it to fire on command each time? Not worth the time and energy.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #86

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
Thanks for the tip Cnorman but I will probably sell or trade it.
I could reload for it and that was a draw to it as well, and I can hot load but why shake the gun apart trying to get it to fire on command each time? Not worth the time and energy.
I understand your point, and I agree. Too bad; Walther has one of the best reps in the industry. Seems like it ought to work with spec ammo.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
I like your trouble shooting! I have a tiny Walther TPH ss .22 (an autoloader). The .22 is so light it doesn't have enough inertia (resistance to a change in motion) so when it is fired your body needs to supply the inertia to oppose its rearward momentum, the main spring can can be compressed. and the following cartridge chambered. It does not allow the "limp wristing" like a heavier auto pistol like a Ruger Bull barrel.
If you remember the firm grip it is reliable and far more accurate than most would give it credit for. It works well keeping the rabbit population in check and out of grandma's garden. It has even removed a woodchuck.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #88

Lots of them. Too many to recall

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #89

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Maybe it was just bad luck but we had a Bersa Thunder .380 and it jammed constantly. This was my wife's gun. She made a complete switch up and traded it for a Ruger SP101 in .357 caliber. That's a really nice gun.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #90

Llama OMNI .45acp. It would've been a nice gun if I could have found parts to keep it from shooting doubles.

NAHC Life Member
G&G CETME Club
The PSL Lounge
Minister