Worst gun you ever owned - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Worst gun you ever owned

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sentry18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 162
Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

3rd Gen G22 issues are NOT uncommon. They are almost the sole reason why Glock came out with the Gen4, which is apparently a much improved version (in .40 anyway). A few local LE agencies dumped their G22's because of similar issues.

__________________
Sentry18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Man I wouldn't have thunk it.
every so often a manufacturer puts out a device cursed by the hand of Murphy himself. we do not no where or when the next will appear but we know its lurking, waiting to pronounce itself the "antidevice"
__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 21
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Mine is and I still have it the Walther PK380. Reloads won't empty a clip. Store boughts won't empty the clip. I have learned what the big problem with the .380 is, not enough punch. I hold my 9mm's in a firm but comfortable grip. If I do the same with the .380 there is not enough 'base' for the gun to reload from the clip. If you lock up everything tight then it will work properly. The problem is that it then becomes no longer fun to fire. I originally bought it for my wife for home protection or when she travels. I have never given it to her because of the fail to feed issue. Not the guns fault and not the shooters fault it just is what it is.

__________________
larrymac1 is offline  
headhunter Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1
Mine is and I still have it the Walther PK380. Reloads won't empty a clip. Store boughts won't empty the clip. I have learned what the big problem with the .380 is, not enough punch. I hold my 9mm's in a firm but comfortable grip. If I do the same with the .380 there is not enough 'base' for the gun to reload from the clip. If you lock up everything tight then it will work properly. The problem is that it then becomes no longer fun to fire. I originally bought it for my wife for home protection or when she travels. I have never given it to her because of the fail to feed issue. Not the guns fault and not the shooters fault it just is what it is.
Try Double Tap ammo. It's loaded hot. I stopped using it because it was hard on my guns, but sounds like it might be just what you need.
__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 21
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Try Double Tap ammo. It's loaded hot. I stopped using it because it was hard on my guns, but sounds like it might be just what you need.
Thanks for the tip Cnorman but I will probably sell or trade it.
I could reload for it and that was a draw to it as well, and I can hot load but why shake the gun apart trying to get it to fire on command each time? Not worth the time and energy.
__________________
larrymac1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
Thanks for the tip Cnorman but I will probably sell or trade it.
I could reload for it and that was a draw to it as well, and I can hot load but why shake the gun apart trying to get it to fire on command each time? Not worth the time and energy.
I understand your point, and I agree. Too bad; Walther has one of the best reps in the industry. Seems like it ought to work with spec ammo.
__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 234
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymac1 View Post
Mine is and I still have it the Walther PK380. Reloads won't empty a clip. Store boughts won't empty the clip. I have learned what the big problem with the .380 is, not enough punch. I hold my 9mm's in a firm but comfortable grip. If I do the same with the .380 there is not enough 'base' for the gun to reload from the clip. If you lock up everything tight then it will work properly. The problem is that it then becomes no longer fun to fire. I originally bought it for my wife for home protection or when she travels. I have never given it to her because of the fail to feed issue. Not the guns fault and not the shooters fault it just is what it is.
I like your trouble shooting! I have a tiny Walther TPH ss .22 (an autoloader). The .22 is so light it doesn't have enough inertia (resistance to a change in motion) so when it is fired your body needs to supply the inertia to oppose its rearward momentum, the main spring can can be compressed. and the following cartridge chambered. It does not allow the "limp wristing" like a heavier auto pistol like a Ruger Bull barrel.
If you remember the firm grip it is reliable and far more accurate than most would give it credit for. It works well keeping the rabbit population in check and out of grandma's garden. It has even removed a woodchuck.
__________________
headhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Lots of them. Too many to recall

__________________
Tom1357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 44
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Maybe it was just bad luck but we had a Bersa Thunder .380 and it jammed constantly. This was my wife's gun. She made a complete switch up and traded it for a Ruger SP101 in .357 caliber. That's a really nice gun.

__________________
newbolddm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #90
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Don357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Likes Given: 2

Default

Llama OMNI .45acp. It would've been a nice gun if I could have found parts to keep it from shooting doubles.

__________________

NAHC Life Member
G&G CETME Club
The PSL Lounge
Minister

Don357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
rapist owned!! JonM The Club House 10 08-02-2012 07:50 AM
The best CC I ever owned is... chlogeo Firearm Accessories & Gear 2 01-01-2012 11:28 AM
the WORST junker I ever owned... Slugo General Shotgun Discussion 16 10-15-2011 09:19 PM
First Gun you ever Owned Righteous General Rifle Discussion 126 02-01-2011 03:31 AM
What is the worst gun you ever owned? hillbilly68 The Club House 28 08-23-2009 07:03 PM