Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Worst gun you ever owned

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbolddm
Maybe it was just bad luck but we had a Bersa Thunder .380 and it jammed constantly. This was my wife's gun. She made a complete switch up and traded it for a Ruger SP101 in .357 caliber. That's a really nice gun.
Those .380's are very finicky when it comes to ammo. I have an LCP and it only shoots with a few loads.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 44
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Those .380's are very finicky when it comes to ammo. I have an LCP and it only shoots with a few loads.
Yes they sure are. I tried different ammo but this particular gun would have none of it. My LCP is less picky. My Sig P238 isn't too finicky either. But man that Bersa just didn't like us much. It jammed on everything we tried. Finally just gave up on it. A guy at my gun range has one though and has few problems with it.
__________________
newbolddm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbolddm View Post
Yes they sure are. I tried different ammo but this particular gun would have none of it. My LCP is less picky. My Sig P238 isn't too finicky either. But man that Bersa just didn't like us much. It jammed on everything we tried. Finally just gave up on it. A guy at my gun range has one though and has few problems with it.
I don't know what it is with .380's (I've never shot one or owned one) but everyone seems to have bad experiences with failure to feed.
__________________
meal4zombies is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meal4zombies View Post
I don't know what it is with .380's (I've never shot one or owned one) but everyone seems to have bad experiences with failure to feed.
I guess I've been lucky. Neither my Kel-Tec P3AT nor my Ruger LCP has ever had so much as a hiccup, except once when I had let the slide go dry on the KT. With factory mags, my Cobray M12 is reliable as all hell, and of course the Taurus .380 revolver has no problems, either. The only one I never carry is the Cobray -- it would be like trying to conceal a six-pack, or with the fake suppressor in place, a case.
__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18

I guess I've been lucky. Neither my Kel-Tec P3AT nor my Ruger LCP has ever had so much as a hiccup, except once when I had let the slide go dry on the KT. With factory mags, my Cobray M12 is reliable as all hell, and of course the Taurus .380 revolver has no problems, either. The only one I never carry is the Cobray -- it would be like trying to conceal a six-pack, or with the fake suppressor in place, a case.
Yeah, but pulling one of those babies out of a trench coat would scare the daylights of many a mugger
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

Yeah, but pulling one of those babies out of a trench coat would scare the daylights of many a mugger
The laser sight on the Ruger has much the same effect. In my pocket as I write, at work.
__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18

The laser sight on the Ruger has much the same effect. In my pocket as I write, at work.
That's the way to go to work!
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101

That's the way to go to work!
To work? That's the way I go out to the driveway to pick up the newspaper in the morning. If I have pants on & it's legal for a CHL holder to carry, I'm armed. If it's not, I have Fox pepper spray and other resources (also always on me).

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."
__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
loctite44144's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 228
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Default

Mine is a hipoint c9 9mm what a p.o.s gun so bad I sold it for $50 bucks to a pawn shop

__________________
loctite44144 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18

To work? That's the way I go out to the driveway to pick up the newspaper in the morning. If I have pants on & it's legal for a CHL holder to carry, I'm armed. If it's not, I have Fox pepper spray and other resources (also always on me).

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."
Right on man. I carry everywhere it is legal.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
rapist owned!! JonM The Club House 10 08-02-2012 07:50 AM
The best CC I ever owned is... chlogeo Firearm Accessories & Gear 2 01-01-2012 11:28 AM
the WORST junker I ever owned... Slugo General Shotgun Discussion 16 10-15-2011 09:19 PM
First Gun you ever Owned Righteous General Rifle Discussion 126 02-01-2011 03:31 AM
What is the worst gun you ever owned? hillbilly68 The Club House 28 08-23-2009 07:03 PM



Newest Threads