Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Wife wants New Gun, something to keep in her purse!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trent,Texas
Posts: 47
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Haha got a lot of .380, stupid I ain't, you could get some more by back ordering it at Midway. And who said the wife was inexperienced lonyaeger? It sure wasn't me now she is a retired Captain but has never been to combat, but she ain't inexperienced either and don't dare let her hear you say that, LOL. You know the glocks are as safe and the nut behind them, my SIG P250 ain't got no manual safety either, and I always carry 1911 cocked and locked. But you know many Police Deptments issue Glocks and some of the new cops today are as inexperienced as a person can come, especially in the large cities. So she is a female, but not inexperienced, don't assume things would be like trying to speak Spanish to a person of Itialian decent

__________________

Last edited by richardnorton; 01-27-2010 at 07:25 PM.
richardnorton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,371
Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Default

.......huh?

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Orlandorealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Forgot to mention She does like a safety.

__________________
Orlandorealtor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,371
Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Default

So much for the Glock.

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mr. Bluesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houghton,MI
Posts: 485
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
So much for the Glock.
And the XD, and the M&P, and the Kel Tec.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
"If innocent life doesn't immediately depend on it, don't shoot. And if it does, don't miss!"
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm
Mr. Bluesky is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,371
Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Default

The XD has two "safety" mechanisms. Can't speak to the others you mentioned.

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trent,Texas
Posts: 47
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Orlandorealtor, the most important thing in all this discussion, she has to be happy in whatever she decides, not ny of us. So go back to the old saying that everybody has their idea what is best. So now you have had all the input from all the experts, let her try what she is interested in and then force her to take what you like. LOL, seriously let her make the decision, or you will never hear the end of it.

__________________
richardnorton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Orlandorealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardnorton View Post
Orlandorealtor, the most important thing in all this discussion, she has to be happy in whatever she decides, not ny of us. So go back to the old saying that everybody has their idea what is best. So now you have had all the input from all the experts, let her try what she is interested in and then force her to take what you like. LOL, seriously let her make the decision, or you will never hear the end of it.
Thanks Richard and all who responded , I agree, That Bersa .380 Thunder cc Looks interesting. Will take her with me to the gunstore and see what she likes, then maybe try some out at the range if they have them.
__________________
Orlandorealtor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardnorton View Post
Haha got a lot of .380, stupid I ain't, you could get some more by back ordering it at Midway. And who said the wife was inexperienced lonyaeger? It sure wasn't me now she is a retired Captain but has never been to combat, but she ain't inexperienced either and don't dare let her hear you say that, LOL. You know the glocks are as safe and the nut behind them, my SIG P250 ain't got no manual safety either, and I always carry 1911 cocked and locked. But you know many Police Deptments issue Glocks and some of the new cops today are as inexperienced as a person can come, especially in the large cities. So she is a female, but not inexperienced, don't assume things would be like trying to speak Spanish to a person of Itialian decent
Ok, what am I missing. You are not the the OP of this thread. To assume that someone is talking to you when you hijack a thread is like saying, "Look at me, I am the most important person in this thread."

Fwiw, I know several persons of Italian heriatage that speak neither Italian or Spanish. Then again, I know some Italian's who do speak Spanish....
__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Trent,Texas
Posts: 47
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ok, what am I missing. You are not the the OP of this thread. To assume that someone is talking to you when you hijack a thread is like saying, "Look at me, I am the most important person in this thread."

Fwiw, I know several persons of Italian heriatage that speak neither Italian or Spanish. Then again, I know some Italian's who do speak Spanish....
Ok skullcrusher, someone made a comment about females and inexperienced after I had said something, I made the assumption they were talking to me, besides wasn't that a few days ago? Did you just wake up? I would not say I'm sorry to you for any reason, and you own this board then just banish me or throw me off, if not bye.
__________________
richardnorton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun for Wife SHSBulldog06 Semi-Auto Handguns 39 01-27-2010 04:25 AM
gun for wife??? steve86 General Handgun Discussion 42 03-13-2009 09:19 PM
CCW gun for my wife hillbilly68 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 13 05-14-2008 04:41 PM