Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Wife wants New Gun, something to keep in her purse!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wife wants New Gun, something to keep in her purse!

My wife has a Smith Model 60 3 inch Revolver never fired, but she wants me to sell it for a semi-auto Likes the Semi's(tried a glock but wants smaller) and She wants something small that doesn't have a big kick she can keep in a purse (going to buy a carry purse with the gun) The gunstore down the street showed me a New Taurus model(can't remember the name) didn't look bad but I was not really impressed with it, looking for ideas on other guns from owners that have actually used them. Thanks for your replies, Jerry

Last edited by Orlandorealtor; 01-26-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Personally, I'd stay away from Taurus. They have some nifty designs but their QC is iffy and a lot of "lemons" seem to hit the street - had one myself. I went through this same journey for my wife and she finally appropriated my Walther PPK/S.

She likes it and shoots it well so we're both happy campers...

Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #3

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Never used it but the Ruger LCP has received some good reviews.

Ruger LCP Centerfire Pistol

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #4

I would only carry in my purse if I had one specially designed for concealed carry. OR if I chose to not have a round chambered. Its just not a safe choice.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I would only carry in my purse if I had one specially designed for concealed carry. OR if I chose to not have a round chambered. Its just not a safe choice.
She is going to get a carry purse with the gun, should have mentioned that. Thanks Jerry

Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #6

I agree with staying away from Taurus. Sig makes a nice small/med .380, which is actually a copy of an old Colt design. Many on here have been happy with the Ruger LCP.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

You said she never fired the revolver, so I'm assuming she wants a semi because it's sexier?

No offense, but if she's new to firearms and new to carrying, you might want to look at the Ruger LCR. MUCH safer for a beginner and still pretty sexy....even if it's a revolver!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
You said she never fired the revolver, so I'm assuming she wants a semi because it's sexier?

No offense, but if she's new to firearms and new to carrying, you might want to look at the Ruger LCR. MUCH safer for a beginner and still pretty sexy....even if it's a revolver!

Sorry did not clarify she has fired a revolver
and a. Glock at the range Likes a semi
better but smaller than the glock.

Last edited by Orlandorealtor; 01-26-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My wife grabbed my Glock M26 and declaired it to be her's after shooting a perfect score for her CHL, but I just replaced it with a Glock M27. She then went out of town with it and complained about the weight she had to carry. I suggested she leave the magazine at home, she almost bought it, but then woke up. I got a Kel-Tec P3AT in .380 she likes to carry, that was before Ruger came out with the LCP. Got her a stainless 2" hammerless chief she likes too. I am afraid to let her go look at guns, she always gets the "wants". But hey nothing wrong with a good selection.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default BT.380 she'll love it

Bersa Thunder .380 it's what I got my wife she loves it, I've run about 1,000 rounds through it with a couple little clitchs, fail to load once and fail to eject twice out of a 1,000 rounds and that was in the dreaded break in (200rds) not a hic-up since.

Last edited by rjgnwdc; 06-24-2010 at 06:10 PM.