Why are people deciding to sell their XDM pistols - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Why are people deciding to sell their XDM pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Probably nothing more than supply chain rebound. Manufacturers are steadily catching up with demand and panic buyers are trying to unload before their investment turns upside down. Glocks, XD's, and most other weapons were overpriced when demand was so high. Now the manufacturers and panic buyers will have to relax their prices in order to unload inventory. Eventually, we will get back to normal.
I'm already seeing this with AR's in my area. Local gun store that deals in new and used guns stopped buying them from private sellers just a week or so ago. Said they have so many in the back room they can't even fit them on the shelves. And panic buyers who spent several thousand for carbon 15's were getting completely bent out of shape when told the shop would only give them 600. They had to call the cops on one guy.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #22

Liked 116 Times on 88 Posts

That's cool I was thinking of an AR build. Now might be the time. Guys I know in person who have xdm's love them and swear by them, then I read online about peoples xdm's going down at matches. Idk what to think of that. The guy I work with teaches Ccw classes and let's people shoot his xdm 9mm and has had thousands of rounds through his with no problems. If I run across a xdm 3.8 compact 45 I might grab it even tho I had a xd40 take a crap on me years ago.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1213 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
That's cool I was thinking of an AR build. Now might be the time. Guys I know in person who have xdm's love them and swear by them, then I read online about peoples xdm's going down at matches. Idk what to think of that. The guy I work with teaches Ccw classes and let's people shoot his xdm 9mm and has had thousands of rounds through his with no problems. If I run across a xdm 3.8 compact 45 I might grab it even tho I had a xd40 take a crap on me years ago.
how exactly did it "crap" on you? just curious
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #24

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

u sound like a guy with no kids who's always had a nice income. The great majority of people go thru economic cycles. Pocket guns are more practical for edc than belt guns, so I can see somebody selling them. I'd sell the longarms first, tho, since they are of much less actual utility, anywhere except perhaps in big game season. Whoopee, a whole 2 shots per year.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #25

Who exactly are you talking about? The vast majority of us have kids, and know all about economic cycles, as most of us have been flat broke at one time or another. Your post follows jjfuller's, which would imply it's directed at him (you can use the quote button to help avoid confusion). I know he has a kid, and I know he's a Marine. As a Marine vet myself, that also tells me financial security lies only in finance management, because no one could accuse service members of being wealthy solely on their wages, especially knowing he's about the same rank I was when I got out.

We do have a few who seem to have enjoyed a life of being independently wealthy with no kids or wives, but none of them stand out to me in this thread.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
...We do have a few who seem to have enjoyed a life of being independently wealthy with no kids or wives, but none of them stand out to me in this thread.
I have enjoyed being single and child-free, but I am still working on the wealthy part. Honestly though, without a wife and kids to waste your money, how much do you really need.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

I have enjoyed being single and child-free, but I am still working on the wealthy part. Honestly though, without a wife and kids to waste your money, how much do you really need.
More than you would think! I really think I've spent more while my kid's been away for the summer, than I do while he's here!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6355 Times on 3371 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
glocks 1911's sw's rugers... they all break during competition and just plinking. your going to hear about whomever hates what as "breaking in competition" just depends on who your talking to.

people who shoot seriously take back up guns for their backup guns.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
glocks 1911's sw's rugers... they all break during competition and just plinking. your going to hear about whomever hates what as "breaking in competition" just depends on who your talking to.

people who shoot seriously take back up guns for their backup guns.
Why would a gun need a gun?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #30

Liked 116 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

how exactly did it "crap" on you? just curious
The recoil spring assembly broke and seized the gun up. Springfield sent it back in a week with a more heavy duty recoil spring assembly in it. It was fine after that. That was a older xd pretty much when they came out and now the xdm's are probably a better build. As the originals were just a HS2000 with a different name on it.