Why doesn't SIG have a larger fan base?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Why doesn't SIG have a larger fan base?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Why doesn't SIG have a larger fan base?

Seems to me like people go as far as to prefer XDs or low end 1911s. The people who prefer Glocks over SIGs aren't even worth talking about.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Maybe people feel they get more bang for their buck elsewhere. Maybe most people want a stiker fired pistol.Maybe some people dont like the decocker on a Sig, or the capacity ?

Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #3

Liked 703 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 1931

I for one love decockers, hate striker fire and love SA/DA autos. With that being said, I own a Glock and no Sigs. Why? As Oki700 said, bang for the buck.

Sigs just cost a lot on my budget.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #4

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I think SIG has a great following. SIG right now has some of the best selling 1911s on the market.

SIG has a nice following on this site. Gunrunner, gfrantz, others here have crazy love for SIG.

Today shooters are more into striker fired guns than sao 1911 dak type stuff.

Stay away from the p250 and SIG makes some of the best guns money can buy

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney
Seems to me like people go as far as to prefer XDs or low end 1911s. The people who prefer Glocks over SIGs aren't even worth talking about.
Everyone has a different taste in guns. There is no reason to hate on people that like something you don't like. I own different type of weapons including glock's, I guess you can say I am open minded.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfreak101

Everyone has a different taste in guns. There is no reason to hate on people that like something you don't like. I own different type of weapons including glock's, I guess you can say I am open minded.
It's not that I'm hating on them, it's just I can't see in one way how Glocks are remotely superior to a proper SIG.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney

It's not that I'm hating on them, it's just I can't see in one way how Glocks are remotely superior to a proper SIG.
People that see them in that way are just in love with them that's all. Don't get me wrong though glock's are great since they are kinda like AK's won't jam as easy as other guns ( I'm sure there are other brands that are as good) and cheap on price so you can't beat that.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
What defines the superiority of a gun is the need of the owner. I don't think anyone can question that SIG and Glock both are extremely reliable weapons. That said what makes the SIG perfect in your mind and for your application may not be the same for me. I own both, and I enjoy both. For me the Glock is the only option for my every day carry for many reasons that have been beaten to death since the 1980's in discussions all over the world.

So while the intent of your original post may not be to offend, some may take it that way as it seems like an unnecessary attack on Glock fans. Personally I'm not offended because like I said, it all depends on the person. Thankfully we live in a world with many options, and to me that is a GREAT problem to have!

Old 05-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29

What defines the superiority of a gun is the need of the owner. I don't think anyone can question that SIG and Glock both are extremely reliable weapons. That said what makes the SIG perfect in your mind and for your application may not be the same for me. I own both, and I enjoy both. For me the Glock is the only option for my every day carry for many reasons that have been beaten to death since the 1980's in discussions all over the world.

So while the intent of your original post may not be to offend, some may take it that way as it seems like an unnecessary attack on Glock fans. Personally I'm not offended because like I said, it all depends on the person. Thankfully we live in a world with many options, and to me that is a GREAT problem to have!
Well said Nukinfuts29. I to prefer to Carry a GLOCK. Why? Because thats what works for me. SIGS are really nice. But I just prefer GLOCKS.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21459 Times on 12186 Posts
Likes Given: 53490

personally i think Sig makes very reliable, accurate and well built pistols. but they are IMO a very premium pistol with a higher price tag than a comparable pistol of equal quality. with their prices at the upper range of a price scale and someone on a particular budget wanting to buy a pistol, they are not usually the first brand considered. i have owned a couple over the years myself, and can attest to the fact, they are excellent pistols, but with their cost, not my first choice.