Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Why do people make post VS's anything ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Why do people make post VS's anything ?

Guns are like cars. There's a make and model for everyone and everyone is going to have there favorite. I've owed close to 30 handguns from 22's to 44 mags. and enjoyed them all. Colt gov. Issue .45 was the first semi I owned Plus the combat comander and Delta elite 10mm. All great shooting guns but I can't count the ding holes in my ceiling from spring cap getting away. Sigs are my personal favorite. They fit great in my hand. Best shooting gun out the box I've owned. Never had a single jam and are super easy to field strip and clean. I'very owned the 226 228 229 and the 220. I've also owned Glock 17 and 19's. Berretta 92f and 96 and the list goes on. I've also dated tall , short , fat and thin women. Point being why trash talk any brand ? Just look at your gun like your women/man and car. Theres a size , shape and fit for everyone. Stop being haters....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #2

Aman brotha

Old 01-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #3

Liked 2417 Times on 1377 Posts
Likes Given: 1895

Hi Junior966,

Welcome to the FTF.

I'd rather think of it as "preferrers" than haters.

While I have to agree it's a little trite, sometimes the comparisons

are enlightening, if people stay focused and objective.

I have my personal preferences, and earned experience on the way to finding

them. I feel I'll have a lot more constructive time and money to spend

if I can learn from the experiences and mistakes of others.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8332 Times on 3604 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Junior, welcome to the forum- and Happy New Year to ya. When you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say howdy.

Yours is a point well taken- otherwise my firearms storage would need to be big enough for one rifle, one shotgun, and one handgun. The ice cream shop would have one flavor, and the menu at Waffle House would say "Breakfast". (and for the ladies, that aisle in the drug store would have ONE bottle that said "hair color".)

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19605 Times on 11128 Posts
Likes Given: 49355

i agree with wolf, that it's not about really hating one and loving another, but personal preference. i prefer the SA XDm over the Glock and the 1911 45 over both of them but like the others too. i prefer S-W revolvers over Ruger or Colts, but wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the others as well. i like Remington M700 rifles, but have bought several Marlin X7's over the past two years, but just added another M700 in 270, because the price was right. i'll buy any firearm i like if i get a good deal on it. i like many different types and calibers and for different reasons. i am a shooter, reloader and collector, so my collection of firearms is varied. and you will find many like me on this forum. i don't limit my choices to a type of firearm or brand, just as sometimes i like vanilla ice cream, but some times i eat chocolate too!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

MAN! I WISHED there was a be all, end all make/caliber! It sure would make my life a lot easier (if boring) and less expensive!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5130 Times on 2672 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Sometimes people are looking to start a fight sometimes people are just looking for opinions

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
MAN! I WISHED there was a be all, end all make/caliber! It sure would make my life a lot easier (if boring) and less expensive!
But then nobody would have anything to talk about.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm all about opinions and questions. Perfect example , Sigs are my brand of choice and the P220 is my weapon of choice for the range and home defense. For the range I also prefered shooting swc's on paper just for the nice clean holes it made. My Colts will feed swc's all day but my Sig doesn't like them at all. I could probably get ramp work done but having to shoot ball or hollow points isn't a deal breaker or make me trash a Sig over it but at the same time if someone asked they were looking for a 45 to shoot swc's on paper a Sig wouldn't be on that list.

Last edited by Junior966; 01-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ohhh and axxe55 I agree on your choice of revolvers. My first was a Ruger GP 100 .357. Nice weapon and shot fine but after shooting a S@W 686 I traded the Ruger for one. I like the 6in stainless steel and the full lug barrel , perfect weight and balance and over all feel for me. Needless to say when I got my .44 I went with the 629 classic.Being a left hander when it comes to long guns I'm a little limited by choice. For the range shooting all day at paper I like Stag Arms 6L Varminter. Great shooting weapon and cheap to shoot. When it comes to hunting and bolt action riffles I've only ever shot the Remington 700...The .270 win for deer and the .300win mag for large. I do hear Savage makes a nice bolt action and in left hand and I hope to be able to shoot one some day but I don't have the kind of money to just buy blind to See how I like it. NJ is a big enough P.I.T.A. It took me 6 weeks to get my I'D card 25 yrs ago and right now I'm still waiting after 5 weeks for my new card just for a change of address which never took more then a day to get...I won't even get into the laws for pistol permits.

Last edited by Junior966; 01-01-2012 at 04:36 PM.