Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Who has heard of the Maadi?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Who has heard of the Maadi?

While I have heard of these, I know little about them.

While I was at the gun show near Cleveland yesterday, I came across a vendor that had an NOS Maadi Helwan. It is a 9mm semi which resembles a Beretta 92, but smaller somewhat. The tooling is alleged to be from Beretta. The gun is Egyptian, made by a company called Engineering Industries.

Anyone more familiar with these? I did buy it for $250 as I have a friend that is looking for an inexpensive handgun and likes the foreign stuff like Makarovs, etc. He is very interested in this.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
jyo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Back when I was working in the firearms business, I had the chance to purchase a NIB Maadi 9mm pistol s/n 666! Wholesale price at the time was about $129.00. Rather crudely made gun, packed in camel oil---smelled bad! Don't depend on these for SD, might not like HP ammo. I passed.