White Trigger Stop - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > White Trigger Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

vincine You can try it if you have a firearm that has over travel and if you see it does or does not work for you then take it off or leave it on. Then you can siffer through the engineering.

You will find many accurate firearms control over travel rifles and handgun.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

The stop makes the kel tec shoot like it has a staged trigger. You just squeeze until you feel the trigger touching the stop. Then you get a good aim and squeeze. The trigger barely moves before the gun goes off. It is impossible for me to hold the gun steady with a mile long trigger travel. I can shoot the kel tec very well with the stop.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #13

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The stop makes the kel tec shoot like it has a staged trigger. You just squeeze until you feel the trigger touching the stop. Then you get a good aim and squeeze. The trigger barely moves before the gun goes off. It is impossible for me to hold the gun steady with a mile long trigger travel. I can shoot the kel tec very well with the stop.
I'd be interested in shooting something like this. My largest pet peeve with DAO/Striker fire DA guns is the extreme amount of trigger distance. If this solved that at all it would greatly open up my options for backup carry pieces.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I'd be interested in shooting something like this. My largest pet peeve with DAO/Striker fire DA guns is the extreme amount of trigger distance. If this solved that at all it would greatly open up my options for backup carry pieces.
I used a pencil eraser for a template. I dry fired the gun with a pencil eraser until I achieved the desired effect. Then I carried the pencil eraser until I spotted something I could work with. The original White trigger stop is made from a pencil eraser. The pencil eraser is so soft I don't see how it would last more than a couple hundred rounds. I felt better with the chair leg pad. They last for years under much more extreme conditions. The drawback to the harder material is your work has to be more accurate. Once the stop is glued on the gun it is difficult to file/sand without damaging the gun. I put several layers of masking tape on contact areas to protect the gun while I was filing the stop.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-26-2013 at 05:02 PM.