While I...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > While I...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default While I...

...usually shoot several rimfire handguns for recreation...I find myself carrying and older russian makarov as a daily personal protection piece.

It came as a 380 and feeds Hp ammo quite well, as compared to most that were chambered in 9x18 and sometimes have issues with anything other than ball ammo. I have well over 50,000 rounds thru her and she functions flawlessly every time. I try to run one or two mags of ammomthru her everytime I hit the range, which is often weekly.

I feel that if you are going to carry it, you better be able to shoot it accurately.

Anyome else using ppk knockoffs for carry?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

Likes Given: 2

Agreed that you need to feel at one with your carry piece, No matter how old it is.
Obviously its a good fit for you, Someday I will find the right Makarov

Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I used to carry my old 9x18 Makarov. They make great carry pieces. Small, and compact. Plus I can't remember a single time it jammed. My only complaint ever was the heel release magazine.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!