Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Where can i get .22lr ammo on the cheap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Default Where can i get .22lr ammo on the cheap?

I am planning to purchase a Walther P22 and I need to know where I can get ammo on the cheap and in mass quantities. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You can practically get it at any gunshop, gunshow, sporting goods store, and of course WALMART. WALMART is usually the cheapest.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #3

Likes Given: 2

Don't buy mass quantities until you see what type of ammo it likes, I went through 550+ rounds of Federal .22lr(I had about 15 or so FTF's) I bought from WalMart, Around here that runs about $15 or so.
Try different ammo first, $15 doesn't sound like much, But if you new P22 wont shoot them, Its a waste of money.
Best of luck

Last edited by VitSports6; 08-11-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: adding info

Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #4

Vitsports6 is right about precautionary measures prior to buying in bulk but a far as price, It's .22 ammo, it's already dirt cheap lol

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #5

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

AmmoEngine: .22 Long Rifle, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had a p22 and it would only shoot/cycle CCI-Mini Mags. Everything else I tried jammed on ejection with every shot. I cleaned it real good too. It was a pain for me. I needed something that would reliabily shoot any .22 ammo so I sold it. So be careful and test it with different ammo. Walmart was the cheapest place around here for the CCI-Mini-Mags.

Just my experience with the p22.

OC

"magbum"

Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #7

My wife and I tried out a rented P22 with some cheap remington rounds (whatever comes in the huge 550 round boxes) and we had at least one jam in every magazine. I second OC357's statement that you're probably going to have to run CCI's through a P22.

Our buckmark on the other hand jams maybe once in 100 rounds even with dirt cheap ammo.

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #8

search google for cheap bulk ammo, here is a good site I get my bulk ammo from never have had a problem and its good ammo and amazing prices in my opinion take a look for yourself. 22LR Ammo | Bulk .22 LR Ammunition For Sale Cheap

Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #9

Liked 182 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Go to Walmart and pick out a few boxes of CCI mini-mags. I picked some up the other day for $6 per 100, and they had a ton of it in stock. That's easily the most trouble-free 22lr pistol auto cycler, and the price ain't too bad.

Experiment with bulk ammo here and there. The most reliable bulk ammo I've used for 22lr is the 325rd Federal "Target Grade Performance / for semi-autos" pack. It comes in a black and white box with some red lettering...about $12-15 at discount stores last I checked.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Never owned a Walther P22, but if it's like any of the auto-loading .22 pistols or rifles I own or have owned in the past, it'll be like the chihuahua my X had- finicky.
My best suggestion is to buy different ammo from different manufactures in amounts of no more than 100 rounds at a time. Buy it on-line from sites like Cheaper Than Dirt, Ammo Supply and other ammo sites, Wal Mart, and all of your local gun shops- they'll all have some stuff that the others don't have. Don't worry too much about the price at this point, what you want to know is if the ammo cycles adequately and is accurate, if the ammo works out, make note and then try some more ammo. After you determine what your gun likes and dislikes, then buy what works and as much in bulk that you can afford.