What's wrong with my .22LR? Hint - not the firing pin....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > What's wrong with my .22LR? Hint - not the firing pin....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What's wrong with my .22LR? Hint - not the firing pin....

Hey guys! I have a Duramatic High Standard M-101 (1967). I get a lot of misfires where the rim is dented, but doesn't go off. So I thought I'd replace the firing pin, but the new one I received is shorter and even more rounded off than the original was. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should try to replace next? Maybe the spring? Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

The spring would be a good thing to try next, however take a CLOSE look at the chamber area where the firing pin strikes the ammo. I have seen a few guns that have been hit so many times without a cartrige that the firing pin has made an identation. If this is the case then it wont give reliable ignition.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #3

thanks! that was a good idea, but the area where the cartridge rim sits was almost flawless. I put an empty shell in and fired to compare indentions from the last firing pin... the new one barely left a scratch - so I think it may be that I got a bad part and will try to send it back.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with my browning buckmark. A new spring and buffer later and it shoots like new!