whats up with people in movies?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > whats up with people in movies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default whats up with people in movies?

I just watched takers and man like 12 people in a room shoting at each other couldn't hit anyone. Not only pistols but shot guns and an ak47 to? Geez I'm not good but compared to them I'm a pro. Plus they're bullets couldn't even go through a couch.... I can go on and on

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 873 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 193

An acquaintance did an investigation of a shoot out a few years ago between PD and couple of BG's. I forget how many rounds were fired, but it was a ridiculous number (IRC 75+), and nobody got hit.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163
I just watched takers and man like 12 people in a room shoting at each other couldn't hit anyone. Not only pistols but shot guns and an ak47 to? Geez I'm not good but compared to them I'm a pro. Plus they're bullets couldn't even go through a couch.... I can go on and on
Ever seen the A-Team? Them guys were supposedly the best the military had and they couldn't hit anything but tires.:sigh:

Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
An acquaintance did an investigation of a shoot out a few years ago between PD and couple of BG's. I forget how many rounds were fired, but it was a ridiculous number (IRC 75+), and nobody got hit.
I would imagine I would be more scared of saving my own hide than shooting the bad guys even though, ironically, that would save my hide. Ain't it funny how things work?

Old 03-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #5

That's funny I was at the range last weekend. 2 city police were there practicing. The both had glock 17's. They were using man size silouate targets. Both fired 10 rds and only got on paper 12 times between the two of them. That was at 50 ft. My 17year old son was SA 22 same distance. Only I shoot at paper plates for targets.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter

Ever seen the A-Team? Them guys were supposedly the best the military had and they couldn't hit anything but tires.:sigh:
I watched that right afterwards to haha only Guy that was sucssefull was the Guy with the rocket launcher.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Yes but they could stop any bullet fired at them including rifles with a plain old thin sheet of corregated roofing!

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #8

Liked 2465 Times on 1600 Posts

Ever go paintballing? I used to a lot, and recall one battle in the woods at around 25 yards. We each spent around 3-400 rounds trying to hit each other, then ran out of ammo. It was a rarity, but it gives a good argument for high capacity magazines.

Feral cat waterboarder