Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Whats the best 9mm $612 and under? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/whats-best-9mm-612-under-20122/)

Motodeficient 11-16-2009 12:18 AM

Whats the best 9mm $612 and under?

You may have read my other thread about how I am looking to sell my S&W sigma 9mm and get something a little nice with a better trigger. I was looking at the XDs mostly in that thread, but I want to make sure there isn't another gun out there that I am missing out on. So whats the best 9mm for $612 or under? I have looked at just about every 9mm at Buds gun shop.

Oh, heres the reason I picked the $612 figure, I really like this gun.

Springfield Armory 19 + 1 Round 9MM XDM w/Olive Drab Frame/S for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $612.00

jeepcreep927 11-16-2009 12:36 AM

Unless you're set on an XD, look hard at CZ. They have models and variants of the CZ75 to fit any desire and quality and accuracy is outstanding. They certainly don't get the attention they deserve. I think there's at least one other guy on here that would agree.

Good luck.

dunerunner 11-16-2009 01:00 AM

I have to agree with the Creep!! The CZ is a nice weapon!

CZ PO1 9mm $672 MRP.

Franciscomv 11-16-2009 01:15 AM

CZs are excellent weapons, indeed. I had a CZ 75 B and LOVED it, I had to sell it to get a nice 1911, but I'm buying another one as soon as my local gunshop gets a stainless one. CZs are rugged, accurate, fantastic overall guns. A CZ 75 B can be had for around $500.

Browning Hi Powers can also be found within your budget (here's one Browning Hi-Power 9MM Belgium NIB : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com). If they were available in my country, a Browning HP would be my first choice for a 9mm pistol. Some of the biggest police departments in Argentina still have quite a few HPs, these poor guns are neglected and beat up, yet they keep on shooting! Every day use by a poorly paid, and even more poorly trained, third world policeman is a true torture test.

If striker fired polymer handguns fit your style better, then take a look at the S&W M&P, I bought one for home defense because my girlfriend found it comfortable and easy to use. I hated it at first, just because I'm more of a steel single action pistol or DA revolver guy, but I must admit it works well. It hits where you aim, functions great with different types of ammo and is very comfortable to shoot. I ended up carrying the damn thing!

DrJason 11-16-2009 01:18 AM

Actually got to shoot a CZ today in 9mm....seemed like a very solid gun, shot very well with it. If you are looking at the XD's make sure to look at the M&P's, nice poly gun, I bought one and am very happy with it.

canebrake 11-16-2009 01:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you have answered your own question.

The XDM 9mm

Attachment 7726

Except the above gun from Bud's is a 40 S&W??

SGT-MILLER 11-16-2009 01:21 AM

If you are set on getting an XDM, take a look at getting a regular 4" service model XD (around 470-500 dollars), and get a few Mec-Gar 18 round magazines. Then get the +2 baseplates for those magazines, and you'll have an XD with 20+1 capacity. All of that for cheaper than a factory XDM.

Just a thought for ya. :)

Flint Rock 11-16-2009 01:21 AM

Over on Gunbroker.com there are new Sig P226's going for less than $612. The tax savings (if you buy from an out of state dealer that is) will pretty much cover the shipping and transfer fees. An even better option might be a factory certified model (those are shipped in red cases). I picked up a factory certified P226 for $450 that showed no signs of use or firing.
A Smith & Wesson M&P would also come in under $612, and I'm sure Smith has some sort of factory rebate or magazine offer going on.

spittinfire 11-16-2009 01:25 AM

Cane was right, you've answered your own question. Get the XD. I trust my life to them daily.

sweeper22 11-16-2009 07:46 AM

My opinion will basically echo every other.

CZ makes some of the best 9mms on the planet...and within your price range. I have a 75b. No complaints. It's a first rate 9mm that set me back all of $409 (new w/ 2 mags) back in July. Hard to imagine a better 9mm for that price. If you want a steel frame, you won't find a better option IMO. But they're a little heavy, so...

If your preference is poly, the XD is a great gun. Glock, M&P, Ruger SR9, and CZ P-07 are all worth looking at as well in the plastic realm. If you like the feel and performance, I don't think any of these will let you down. My own preference would probably be the XD.