What is the Slimmest 9mm right now? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

What is the Slimmest 9mm right now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ditto on the Khar CW9, it's .90" wide, and very light. Very easy to shoot, nice trigger pull, minimal felt recoil. It's my daily carry, love it.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:30 AM   #22

To respond to the OP. The Kel Tec PF9 is the lightest, slimmest 9mm to date. Factor in the price (about $250 around here), reliability, etc. and for a daily carry gun it is pretty tough to beat. Personally I can't see myself using a $600 plus gun due to the wear and tear of daily carry, possibility of loss, maybe even confiscation if you ever had to use it, etc.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #23

FWIW:

I don't have a clue as to which is the "slimmest" 9MM pistol on the market now, but the question reminded me of the "slimmest or thinnest" 9MM pistol I own.

I have a 3rd Generation Smith & Wesson 3913LS... I don't really know how thin it is in comparison to the competition, but I did have a Walther PPS, and the LS "seemed", or "felt" just as thin as the Walther.

I bought this LS new several years ago just because I liked the "looks" of it.. It shoots well, and as with all the 3rd Gen Smiths I've owned, it's absolutely reliable. (And reliability is JOB 1 for me in a firearm used for cc and personal defense.)

Just thought I'd post a couple of photos in case anyone would like to see what I'm talking about.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

What is the Slimmest 9mm right now? - Semi-Auto Handguns

What is the Slimmest 9mm right now? - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 02-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #24

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I'm pretty sure the Kahr PM9 is the slimmest 9mm on the market even with the new Sig and Rugar's coming out soon.

I have one, not a single hick-up and I've put close to 1000 rounds thru her in the last 10 or so months......did have a friend get one about 4 months ago was having a feeding problem, sent it to Kahr, they fixed it and had it back to him quickly and since he's had it back he's not had a single feed problem again.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #25

"I'm pretty sure the Kahr PM9 is the slimmest 9mm on the market even with the new Sig and Rugar's coming out soon."

From Kahrs website: Slide Width .90"
From Kel Tecs webside: Overall width .88"

Have held both and the Kel Tec is noticeably flatter.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #26

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This thread is a little old, but a recent post got me looking at thin 9mm's.

The Walther PPS 9mm is .91" at the slide, 6.34" long, and 4.41" high with the standard magazine.

The Walther PPK is .87" wide, 6.10" long and 4.29" high, but the PPK is a .380!!

Teh Kahr PM9 is .90" wide at the slide, 5.42" long and 4" high with the standard magazine.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #27

You might look at the Sig p290. Measures .9 wide, 5.5 long, 3.9 high a little heavy at 20.5 oz and of coarse $$$

Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #28

I also have the kahr cw9. I use an uncle mikes iwb holster and can barely feel it there. I have never ever had a malfunction and i have had it for about 8 months and been my daily carry 75% of the time. I take it to the range quite frequently to stay proficient with it. For 400 it is a steal in my opinion i wouldnt carry it if i didnt trust it to go bang every time

Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #29

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX15
FWIW:

I don't have a clue as to which is the "slimmest" 9MM pistol on the market now, but the question reminded me of the "slimmest or thinnest" 9MM pistol I own.

I have a 3rd Generation Smith & Wesson 3913LS... I don't really know how thin it is in comparison to the competition, but I did have a Walther PPS, and the LS "seemed", or "felt" just as thin as the Walther.

I bought this LS new several years ago just because I liked the "looks" of it.. It shoots well, and as with all the 3rd Gen Smiths I've owned, it's absolutely reliable. (And reliability is JOB 1 for me in a firearm used for cc and personal defense.)

Just thought I'd post a couple of photos in case anyone would like to see what I'm talking about.

Best Wishes,

Jesse
That is a fine looking little Smith. If you don't mind me inquiring, what's the going rate on something like that? I notice it says lady smith on it?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

That Lady Smith (made for a woman - but it looks great!) went for under $600 from Buds Gun Shop.

Smith & Wesson 3913LS 3913 LS Lady Smith 9mm $593.00 SHIPS FREE

Newest Threads