what is the most reliable semi auto pistol - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

what is the most reliable semi auto pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
actually i have. i have seen revolvers get out of time. i have seen them have broken springs.

revolvers are a rugged design and are great pistols. i have revolvers and have owned many over the years. but to think they are infallible shows how naive you are about firearms.

anything with moving parts can break or malfunction, whether it be a revolver, a semi-auto pistol, a vehicle or a washing machine. that sir, is a fact of life.
Yes, any mechanical device can and will fail especially if it isn't well maintained. A revolver has much less moving parts, hence less likely to fail and there much less finiky about the brand of ammo you feed them.

If I were in a life or death situation were I needed a pistol to survive and had the choice between a semi auto or a revolver, I would take the revolver.

Jim

Old 12-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #82
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
Yes, any mechanical device can and will fail especially if it isn't well maintained. A revolver has much less moving parts, hence less likely to fail and there much less finiky about the brand of ammo you feed them.

If I were in a life or death situation were I needed a pistol to survive and had the choice between a semi auto or a revolver, I would take the revolver.

Jim
well Jim, i am not going to waste the time to argue the points over with you. you seem to think you have a better grasp on it than me, so i will defer to your superior knowledge of guns.

have a nice day.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 12-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #83

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
I've never seen a revolver jam, have you?

Jim (no relation to Bobski)
Yes, the cylinder rod unscrewed and locked the empty cylinder in the gun. Also had a .357 with an oversize cylinder that let loaded rounds bind against the hand that comes out of the backplate if you tried to shoot prone from the ground.
Ever get a case stuck between the clylinder and the star? I was a Bill Jordan fan in my early years but experience hasn't borne out the 'foolproof" revolver.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #84
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The malfunctions you are mentioning are from a lack of maintenance. Some parts on a revolver are supposed to be changed every so many rounds just like a car is maintained every so many miles. I take my loved revolvers to a gunsmith for cleaning and inspection every so often. I have never experienced the issues you mentioned. I am not saying nothing is ever worn. I am saying I get my revolvers fixed before they break. I am not saying one of my revolvers won't break either. $hit happens to the best made and maintained revolvers.
Jimski made a rash statement with which i disagreed with. with him stating that revolvers were less prone to problems than a semi-auto.

i was pointing out the fallacy and the naiveness of his statement.

i learned a long time ago that anything with moving parts, does wear, break or malfunction. even well maintained items can as well. these are fact of life i have learned. i have based a lot of my professional career on preventative maintenance of equipment and know that properly maintained equipment, regardless of what it may be, is less susceptable to break downs and that problems can be addressed before they cause major damage and requiring large sums of money to repair.

i am well aware of proper maintenance and upkeep on items it they are to last a lifetime. the problems associated that i mentioned have not happened to mine, but some of thosei have seen or read about to point out where he was incorrect in his thinking.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 12-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

Revolver vs. semi auto, really? All guns will or can malfunction at some point. If you really don't think revolvers can fail call s&w and ruger cs and ask do revolvers come back for repair. I bet the answer will be yes. I'm also willing to bet there are more semi auto handguns sold and produced than revolvers so there is gonna be more problems because there is more produced. I do agree with revolvers being less finicky with ammo though, lol
People Like This 
Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #86

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I carry a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro that has around 2,000 rounds through it and I have never had a failure of any kind with it. It eats anything you feed it.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #87

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
well Jim, i am not going to waste the time to argue the points over with you. you seem to think you have a better grasp on it than me, so i will defer to your superior knowledge of guns.

have a nice day.
I'm pretty much with axxe on this-----You do know your stuff----
OH WAIT---- You say "A revolver has much less moving parts"?
Have to assume here you've never even seen the internals any DA revolver
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4664 Times on 3142 Posts
Likes Given: 2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I'm pretty much with axxe on this-----You do know your stuff----
OH WAIT---- You say "A revolver has much less moving parts"?
Have to assume here you've never even seen the internals any DA revolver
The difference is not in the number of moving parts. It is what makes those parts move. A typical revolver is 100% hand-cranked, whereas a semiauto operates on the energy from the shooter and the ammo.

Last edited by Mercator; 12-08-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #89

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Army's and police depts of the world have spoken,.............

G L O C K

Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

There are so many reliable semi autos these days but if I had to pick one and only one it would probably be a hk usp in 9mm. Those guns are built like tanks and I feel I could probably fire that the most without parts breaking or a malfunction, but that's just me. Sigs, glocks, m&p's, cz's and others are just as reliable.