what is the most reliable semi auto pistol - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > what is the most reliable semi auto pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

I'm pretty much with axxe on this-----You do know your stuff----
OH WAIT---- You say "A revolver has much less moving parts"?
Have to assume here you've never even seen the internals any DA revolver
Yeah i would agree with the Axxe man here as well. And of course HOSS' statement here.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #92

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Poop hi the Gannon this one didn't it?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 62

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/02/brad-kozak/choosing-a-handgun-part-i-revolver-vs-semi-auto/

Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #94
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

okay, i read it and your point? because the article doesn't validate your statement that revolvers are less prone to problems than a semi-auto pistol. in fact it didn't even really go into any detail at all.

never mind. i had a long post that i was going to write our, but i have better things than trying to school you on the merits of the differences of revolvers and semi-auto pistols.

you somehow must think you are more knowledgeable than some of us as if we are a bunch of newbs to guns. well, first of all i put not one bit of credence in your statements or comments and it seems others don't as well. but you are more than welcome to try and sell it if you can get someone to buy it.

you have a great and wonderful day.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #95
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 690

You are looking for a survival weapon because of the state of the country. Look at one that can be fed. The military uses the Beretta. Sturdy and reliable with possibility of picking up ammo and mags. Glocks are numerous. Possibly one of the best selling pistols out there. Lots of parts and accessories for them. What are the police in your area using? There might be an opportunity to share mags and ammo but probably not very likely. Lots of choices and lots of questions. Most of the new guns in good brands are very reliable.
My wife is the big factor for me. She has a Ruger SR9c and so do I. We can share mags, ammo and parts if need be. I have others but the same handgun for both if choice is limited is a big plus. If you are married or steady, look at what the other can shoot. 9mm is more common and cheaper to stock up on and practice with. You can also carry more than a 40 or 45. If it is at all possible buy a used one without a paper trail. Buy your ammo for cash at a store not online. Dont go nuts on an expensive gun that you might lose. $500 is very doable. The Ruger SR9c is around $400.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
okay, i read it and your point? because the article doesn't validate your statement that revolvers are less prone to problems than a semi-auto pistol. in fact it didn't even really go into any detail at all.

never mind. i had a long post that i was going to write our, but i have better things than trying to school you on the merits of the differences of revolvers and semi-auto pistols.

you somehow must think you are more knowledgeable than some of us as if we are a bunch of newbs to guns. well, first of all i put not one bit of credence in your statements or comments and it seems others don't as well. but you are more than welcome to try and sell it if you can get someone to buy it.

you have a great and wonderful day.
Let's get some things straight. First, my definition of a pistol jam is when the round fails to chamber for firing or the spent casing fails to eject, stopping the pistol from operating. These are both potential problems with semi auto pistols as well as rifles. This does not happen with a revolver. All firearms are capable of having mechanical failures. My point and the link to the article that I posted explains this and states that revolvers are very reliable.

I have fired thousands of rounds through semi auto and auto weapons and have had jams. Revolvers are more reliable. I'm not bashing semi auto's, I have had many over the years and have a Browning HP 9mm that has never jammed and I've also had a Walther's P32 that was prone to jamming.

I was watching a three gun competition on TV and one of the competitors had a jam with his semi auto pistol. He cleared the jam very quickly but it still cost him the win.

Jim

Old 12-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #97
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
Let's get some things straight. First, my definition of a pistol jam is when the round fails to chamber for firing or the spent casing fails to eject, stopping the pistol from operating. These are both potential problems with semi auto pistols as well as rifles. This does not happen with a revolver. All firearms are capable of having mechanical failures. My point and the link to the article that I posted explains this and states that revolvers are very reliable.

I have fired thousands of rounds through semi auto and auto weapons and have had jams. Revolvers are more reliable. I'm not bashing semi auto's, I have had many over the years and have a Browning HP 9mm that has never jammed and I've also had a Walther's P32 that was prone to jamming.

I was watching a three gun competition on TV and one of the competitors had a jam with his semi auto pistol. He cleared the jam very quickly but it still cost him the win.

Jim
ill again defer to your superior wisdom and knowledge. the rest of us are just unworthy to be recipients of such all knowing wisdom.

so i'll just say goodnight and have dreams that someday i'll be as good as you are.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #98

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I have to confess the most reliable semi-auto handgun I ever had was my CZ-82 Makarov 9x18.You couldn't kill that gun.Even when I purposely limp wristed it fed and fired excellent.Never had a jam or FTE with that gun. and the recoil of the 9x18 was very tolerable.And very easy guns to field strip.I only wish ammo for them was easier to find.

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 12-10-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #99

Liked 50 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo
I have to confess the most reliable semi-auto handgun I ever had was my CZ-82 Makarov 9x18.You couldn't kill that gun.Even when I purposely limp wristed it fed and fired excellent.Never had a jam or FTE with that gun. and the recoil of the 9x18 was very tolerable.And very easy guns to field strip.I only wish ammo for them was easier to find.
I second that!! My CZ82 is nothing but reliable bearing in mind it was issues to a Czech cop before I to my hands on it and has seen a good amount of use.

Ammo is easily ordered online but not so easy to find in a local store. I found a local gun store that stocks it but buying online suits me better.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #100
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post

Jim
Never had a primer back out? You have to force the cylinder out. It took the range master and I 20 minutes because I could not leave the range with a loaded weapon. How about a tiny bit of debris under the star on a reload? Cylinder wont close on that one. Revolvers and dirt just dont mix well. That is one of the reasons the military switched to the 1911. I have an like revolvers but they are mechanical and they can fail.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Axxe55 Likes This