Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   What kind of pistol should i get? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/what-kind-pistol-should-i-get-94104/)

freighttrain64 07-19-2013 03:12 AM

What kind of pistol should i get?

I have been looking for a reliable pistol, and still haven't found one that I could say that I want for sure. Could you give me some suggestions?

robocop10mm 07-19-2013 03:22 AM

That is like asking what motor vehicle you should get. We need MUCH more information to give you an honest suggestion. Range plinking, Home defense, Concealed carry (What climate?), Competition (what genre?), Duty carry? We need to know a bit more about you? Size, especially hand size? Experience level? Strength? Northern climate necessitates a larger caliber for winter use. Defense from people is different than defense from bears.

Truck, car, two door, four door, 2WD, 4WD, AWD, Minivan, SUV, motorcycle, moped, riding lawnmower? You see. A little broad.

Rick1967 07-19-2013 03:26 AM

Robo is right. We need more info. What are you wanting to do with it? I see ARs in your avatar. Are those yours? Are you into military stuff? Tactical? Self Defense? Hunting?

thatonespot 07-19-2013 03:30 AM

I'm new here but if i had a nickle....

anywho, I'm gonna be more playful :p and throw out some suggestions without any info, im a rebel.

Any semi auto from ruger, smith, bersa, Springfield (xd's and 1911), and last but not least the original colt 1911. Or if you prefer something...else... (lost my train of thought), you could go with a Kahr, CZ, or just about anything from Beretta.

towboater 07-19-2013 03:38 AM

I like CZ's, so thats my recommendation for an auto loader.

Axxe55 07-19-2013 04:12 AM

how about the one that fits your hand well?

you need to decide what usage this pistol will be for as well. target shooting, Carry pistol, hunting pistol, ??????

how new to pistols are you? if really new to pistols, then a 22 rimfire pistol of some sort might be the place to start.

your question is just too vague to be able to recommend anything. specifics and details help a lot.

Jagermeister 07-19-2013 04:31 AM

AR10 07-19-2013 06:25 AM

Post count at 1, we should say welcome. Once the post count shows some familiarity, then it is time for serious dialogue.

Doc3402 07-19-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freighttrain64 (Post 1308368)
I have been looking for a reliable pistol, and still haven't found one that I could say that I want for sure. Could you give me some suggestions?

Why don't you start by telling us what you have already looked at. Then tell us why you didn't like it. We might have a better idea of what you want after that.

danf_fl 07-19-2013 07:34 AM

Any firearm has the potential to be reliable.

If you shoot only 50 rounds a year, the market is yours.

If you shoot 6,000 rounds a year, we could narrow down the options.