Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   What to do with $425 cabelas points (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/what-do-425-cabelas-points-83722/)

mymaro 02-08-2013 02:17 PM

What to do with $425 cabelas points
 
Whats your guys opinions on new pistol?
Here are my options?
Xdm 9 3.8 649.99
Sig 1911-22 399.99
Somthin around $400 in 9 mm
Revolver?

I currently have a 1911 .45 and would like to have one in .22 for cost effectiveness and to get the gf into shooting dont want to hand the .45 and scare her off.
I also have a crush on 1911s.....

Also considering the xdm 9 because i dont have a 9mm and would like it for carry however in todays climate 9mm is not cheap around here.

Should i look at another handgun in the 400 range i dont want a compact already have a. 380 compact.

potentialglock 02-08-2013 02:21 PM

Is say get the 22. Then let her try the 45 before the 22. If she loves it that just makes her hotter right? If not then you both can shoot the 22

Byron0022 02-08-2013 02:39 PM

XDM. just by the far chance this ban goes through you will still be able to get 1911s. Those high capacity mags for the XDM will go away.

95sniper 02-08-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron0022 (Post 1129258)
XDM. just by the far chance this ban goes through you will still be able to get 1911s. Those high capacity mags for the XDM will go away.

I agree with you, and I like to have a variety of calibers to choose from. She would probably like the 9mm as well.

mymaro 02-08-2013 02:46 PM

Thats why im tore up i couldnt agree more with ya about the xdm 9 but it goes to the purchase of ammo the cheapest 9mm around here is .50 per round and i dont like to let guns sit in my safe and feel the neglect like mr ar is feeling....

95sniper 02-08-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymaro (Post 1129266)
Thats why im tore up i couldnt agree more with ya about the xdm 9 but it goes to the purchase of ammo the cheapest 9mm around here is .50 per round and i dont like to let guns sit in my safe and feel the neglect like mr ar is feeling....

I understand. I hope that this blows over soon. I remember buying federal bulk 9mm for .20 a round just last year.

Byron0022 02-08-2013 02:56 PM

9mm is very manageable. Prices will come back down soon.

mymaro 02-08-2013 03:02 PM

I honestly think it will blow over providing nothin else happens. Prices have already started to drop significantly wasr peaked out at around 1200 entry ars peaked at 1600 and are now auctions are ending at around 11-1200 thats why the .22 is in my sights.

95sniper 02-08-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymaro (Post 1129286)
I honestly think it will blow over providing nothin else happens. Prices have already started to drop significantly wasr peaked out at around 1200 entry ars peaked at 1600 and are now auctions are ending at around 11-1200 thats why the .22 is in my sights.

It will blow over but I don't know when.

danf_fl 02-08-2013 05:46 PM

What to do with your points?

Have you considered donating them to a worthy cause?



Like me?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.