What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10543 Times on 4553 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

USMC- ref: Transfer of a firearm to a Law Enforcement Officer-

27 CFR 478.134 - Sale of firearms to law enforcement officers. - Code of Federal Regulations - Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms - Subpart H: Records - Id 19675392 - vLex

Old 12-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #12

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

USMC-03. Im not LEO but I used my military discount there on my G31. As far as I know they will ship it to your dept. I have yet to see anyone beat their price on Glocks, They have pretty good ammo prices as well.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #13

+2 for Buds Guns

Old 12-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #14

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Buds and Impact have been good to me for handguns...various other places have been great for longarms and shotguns. It all depeends on availability and reputation...many vendors listed here are extremely reputable it just depends on whether they have what you are looking for.

As far as shipping, Federal law requires that any interstate gun sale be conducted through a licensed dealer, i.e. FFL. Many online dealers will maintain a listing of FFLs that they have worked with in the past...otherwise it is up to you to contact your dealer and arrange the exchange of licenses before the item will be shipped. Fees vary by state and locale but generally expect to pay between $40 and $100 plus about $16 for the mandatory NICS check. The NICS is non-negotiable but take the transfer fee into consideration when deciding between an online purchase over buying direct from the local gun shop. Although the local guy can't always compete against a bigger company on price alone, the intangibles may be a better bargain in the long run.

$40-$100!?!? WOW! My LGS is only $25 for FFL transfer, no NICS fee...I guess that's Jersey for ya...

Old 12-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #15

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
$40-$100!?!? WOW! My LGS is only $25 for FFL transfer, no NICS fee...I guess that's Jersey for ya...
Yep, funny thing about New Jersey, the permitting process takes so damn long no stores really have any inventory since no one can just decide they need a new gun and go buy one...90% of all gun sales are transfers of online purchases, the transfer fee is the main revenue driver for many Mom and Pop shops.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I like Davidson's. They advertise to ship within 48 hours, but in the (4) I've bought from them, they shipped the next day. They send you an order acknowledgemet & when it is ready to ship, a notice of shipment with a tracking number.

The part I like is using their Gun Genie, you put in your zip code & find the firearm you want. If they show it in stock, select "Choose", then "Instant Quote" & it will post all dealers in a 25 mile radius of you. You can widen the search to 50 & 100 miles. Each dealer will show quoted price, freight, taxes, etc. for a totl OTD price. "Accept" the one you want & use a credit card for a "Deposit". The balance is due when you pick it up. They will not always be the cheapest, but adding freight & FFL charges to othe sites' prices will make them close.

I like the idea of doing business with a local store. A good relationship with a dealer is invaluable. Mine has helped me trouble shoot pistols with feeding problems, even though they didn't sell them. Also, Davidson's provides a 100% lifetime guarantee to replace any defective firearm. If they do not have a replacement, they will forward it to the manufacturer/warranty shop for repairs.

Here's a link to their Gun Genie.

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #17

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

BUDS

Old 12-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #18

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I like slickguns.com - - - free shipping over $100.00 my LGS will transfer for $10.00 if I give them the chance to match online prices.

I always tell them I will give 10% over online price as I like to deal locally!

Old 12-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Cheaperthandirt or buds gun shop. If u ever in Kentucky hit the actual buds store up. Great place.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #20

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I like slickguns.com - - - free shipping over $100.00 my LGS will transfer for $10.00 if I give them the chance to match online prices.

I always tell them I will give 10% over online price as I like to deal locally!

Paying that 10% will possibly pay off some day. I like Davidson's, but even though buying from them gives the business to a local, I always shop local first & if I find what I'm looking for, I don't even look at Davidsons.