Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online?

Hello all, I have been doing some research and noticed that there are some online web pages that sell guns (often at a great price)....the way I understand how this works -- I buy the guy on the web page, they ship it to a store that will agree to accept the shipment, and then that store gets $20-$40 (usually) on top of the price.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a web page(s) that they could offer -- a page that they know can be trusted, and ideally, a page that offers very good discounts on pistols.

Any information that can be offered would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #2

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Can't say if they're the best or not but I've never had anything but good experiences from them...

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I've had good luck with Bud's also.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Buds and Impact have been good to me for handguns...various other places have been great for longarms and shotguns. It all depeends on availability and reputation...many vendors listed here are extremely reputable it just depends on whether they have what you are looking for.

As far as shipping, Federal law requires that any interstate gun sale be conducted through a licensed dealer, i.e. FFL. Many online dealers will maintain a listing of FFLs that they have worked with in the past...otherwise it is up to you to contact your dealer and arrange the exchange of licenses before the item will be shipped. Fees vary by state and locale but generally expect to pay between $40 and $100 plus about $16 for the mandatory NICS check. The NICS is non-negotiable but take the transfer fee into consideration when deciding between an online purchase over buying direct from the local gun shop. Although the local guy can't always compete against a bigger company on price alone, the intangibles may be a better bargain in the long run.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 12-25-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 202 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 61

+1 for buds and impact

Old 12-25-2011, 04:59 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Gt Distributors is a excellent company as well. Google said name.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Aim surplus is more an online store but great deals on ammo I got a mosin and 880 rounds for 215$ a few months ago so im a fan.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:36 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I intend on ordering my next Glock from GT Distributors. They have great LE prices and if I understand correctly, I can have it sent to my department. Any other LEO's out there that can tell me about this?

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 12-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootitout View Post
Aim surplus is more an online store but great deals on ammo I got a mosin and 880 rounds for 215$ a few months ago so im a fan.

can ammo be shipped to a house, or must it be shipped to an FFL too? is the markup any less or do they still charge about $40?!?
Thanks!

Old 12-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ammo can be shipped to your house

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War