Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/what-best-page-s-buy-gun-online-54109/)

BearArms2 12-25-2011 03:43 AM

What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online?

Hello all, I have been doing some research and noticed that there are some online web pages that sell guns (often at a great price)....the way I understand how this works -- I buy the guy on the web page, they ship it to a store that will agree to accept the shipment, and then that store gets $20-$40 (usually) on top of the price.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a web page(s) that they could offer -- a page that they know can be trusted, and ideally, a page that offers very good discounts on pistols.

Any information that can be offered would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Have a Merry Christmas!

vincent 12-25-2011 03:49 AM

Can't say if they're the best or not but I've never had anything but good experiences from them...

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

firedawg60 12-25-2011 04:00 AM

I've had good luck with Bud's also.

Jpyle 12-25-2011 04:38 AM

Buds and Impact have been good to me for handguns...various other places have been great for longarms and shotguns. It all depeends on availability and reputation...many vendors listed here are extremely reputable it just depends on whether they have what you are looking for.

As far as shipping, Federal law requires that any interstate gun sale be conducted through a licensed dealer, i.e. FFL. Many online dealers will maintain a listing of FFLs that they have worked with in the past...otherwise it is up to you to contact your dealer and arrange the exchange of licenses before the item will be shipped. Fees vary by state and locale but generally expect to pay between $40 and $100 plus about $16 for the mandatory NICS check. The NICS is non-negotiable but take the transfer fee into consideration when deciding between an online purchase over buying direct from the local gun shop. Although the local guy can't always compete against a bigger company on price alone, the intangibles may be a better bargain in the long run.

okdonk 12-25-2011 04:44 AM

+1 for buds and impact

Byron0022 12-25-2011 04:59 AM

Gt Distributors is a excellent company as well. Google said name.

shootitout 12-25-2011 05:12 AM

Aim surplus is more an online store but great deals on ammo I got a mosin and 880 rounds for 215$ a few months ago so im a fan.

USMC-03 12-25-2011 05:36 AM

I intend on ordering my next Glock from GT Distributors. They have great LE prices and if I understand correctly, I can have it sent to my department. Any other LEO's out there that can tell me about this?

BearArms2 12-25-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootitout (Post 659389)
Aim surplus is more an online store but great deals on ammo I got a mosin and 880 rounds for 215$ a few months ago so im a fan.

can ammo be shipped to a house, or must it be shipped to an FFL too? is the markup any less or do they still charge about $40?!?
Thanks!

USMC-03 12-25-2011 06:05 AM

Ammo can be shipped to your house